The sealing is indicated for people adept at chemical procedures (such as discoloration, dyeing and straightening), for those who frequently use a hairdryer, flat iron, babyliss, for people dissatisfied with the volume of the hair, lack of shine and split ends.
The sealing effect usually lasts for up to 3 months, this will depend on the amount of times you wash your hair.
It is important to maintain a hair care routine after sealing, hydrating or adopting a capillary schedule, which consists of moisturizing, nourishing and rebuilding the strands.
What is the difference between sealing and progressive?
The main difference between sealing and progressive is its purpose. The sealing is made based on keratin, in order to nourish and repair damaged hair. The progressive brush, on the other hand, smooths the hair, using chemical products that attack the hair and leave it dry.
In the sealing, the products used have in their formulation keratin, vegetable oils and products that deeply moisturize the hair, providing a healthy and disciplined hair.
The progressive one normally contains formaldehyde, a chemical agent allowed by the National Health Surveillance Agency (ANVISA) only when used in the maximum amount of 0.2% of the formulation.
This determination guarantees the safety of the person performing the procedure and also of the professional.
For this reason, sealing ends up being a better option for those who want to tame their hair. But it is worth remembering that it does not smooth, it only moisturizes and disciplines the hair.
What is it for?
The purpose of the sealing is to replace the keratin of the threads, providing hydration and repair to fragile hair. Thus, the technique ends up restoring health, resistance and shine to the wires.
This is because most of the hair is made up of keratin, a protein that the human body produces and can be found in hair, skin and nails.
The keratin present in the seal makes a protective barrier in the cuticle of the hair, retaining water and nutrients in the inner layers of the hair, which guarantees a hydrated and soft hair.
Check out the benefits of capillary sealing below:
- It has antifrizz effect;
- Reduces hair volume;
- Provides shine and softness;
- Strengthens the threads;
- Eliminates split ends.
To maintain the beauty of the hair with the sealing it is recommended to moisturize weekly and avoid washing in hot water.
Sealing straightens hair?
The main purpose of sealing is to treat and discipline the threads, making them more silky, aligned and reducing frizz and volume. For those who want to straighten their hair, the most recommended is the progressive brush, as it contains chemical agents in its formula that change the structure of the strands, leaving them really smooth.
So it is important to keep an eye on the products used for sealing. If you are going to do the procedure in a salon, ask to look at the formulation of the products.
If in addition to keratin formol, ammonium thioglycolate, etalonamine or similar are present in the formula, stay tuned. These substances can straighten your hair, but there is a risk of damaging it.
Homemade capillary sealing: step by step
Sealing, as it is a simpler process, generally does not cause damage to health and can be done at home. However, when experiencing any allergic reaction, it is recommended to discontinue use and consult a doctor.
Check out a simple walkthrough:
- Wash your hair with a deep cleansing shampoo (anti-residue), to open the cuticles of the strands;
- Gently blow-dry your hair to remove excess water;
- Separate the hair into small strands and apply the keratin mask over the entire length of the hair. Then, finish with a small amount of thermal protector;
- Dry your hair with a hairdryer. Then, with the help of a board heated to 200 ºC (recommended temperature), plank several times strand by strand of hair (6 to 10 times each). Smoke may come out of the hair during the procedure. The ideal is to do the sealing in an open or airy place;
- Let the product act for 20 to 30 minutes;
- Rinse well with warm or cold water to remove the entire mask from the wires;
- Apply a conditioner to close the hair cuticles;
- Rinse your hair again;
- To finish, you can let your hair dry naturally or use the blow dryer and straightener to finish. Always remembering that, before using a hairdryer and flat iron, it is necessary to apply a thermal protector, so as not to damage the wires.
Products: what is the best capillary sealing?
In order to make our lives easier, the cosmetics market has several products for capillary sealing.
The choice of the best product will depend on what you are looking for. If you want practicality, you can bet on the complete kits. But if you already have some of the items step by step, you can buy only the sealant.
It is also worth taking into account the cost-benefit of the product (value and quantity), the smell and the ingredients present in the formula.
The best way to enhance the sealing effect is to use all the products in the same line. Check out some available options:
Salon Line Reducing Sealing
The Sealing Line Reducing salon , and contain keratin, is enriched with argan oil, which helps strengthen the wires. It is a product suitable for all types of hair.
It can be found in a kit that contains the following items:
- 1 Purifying Sealing Reducing Shampoo (54mL);
- 1 Volume Reducing Sealant Reducing Sealing (90mL);
- 1 Ultra Hydrating Reducing Sealing Mask (54mL);
- 1 Explanatory leaflet;
- 1 pair of gloves;
The price varies around R $ 26.73 *.
Origin Reducing Sealing
The Source Reducing Sealing kit is suitable for all types of hair. In its formulation it has vegetable keratin, argan oil, macadamia and shea. Its effect intensifies with each application. The kit contains:
- 1 anti-residue shampoo (50mL);
- 1 volume-reducing sealant (90mL);
- 1 conditioner (50mL);
- 1 explanatory leaflet;
- 1 pair of gloves.
The price varies around R $ 15.12.
Capillary Botox Desalfy Hair Biotex Asian
The Botox Hair Hair of Asian Biotex Desalfy is suitable for moisturizing sealing wires. Its formula contains keratin, argan oil and proteins .
Treat chemical and bulky hair, helping to reduce the appearance of split ends. In addition, it is free of chemicals that harm hair.
- Available in packs of 250g and 500g.
The price varies between R $ 61.52 and R $ 98.39.
Gradient Sealing Eico Life Smooth Magic
The Sealing Gradual Life Smooth Magic of Eico , promises to reduce gradually the frizz and volume. Disciplines the threads and gives an unparalleled shine, thanks to its formula rich in collagen, chia extract, flaxseed oil etc.
- Available in packs of 300g and 1kg.
The price varies around R $ 34.29.
Restore Termic Sealing Wire Reconstructive Hydrating Mask
The Hydrating Reconstructive Sealing Mask by Daltro Cosméticos , was developed for hair damaged by chemical processes and external aggressions. Its formula contains keratin, argan oil, silicone and is salt free. The mask promotes capillary reconstruction, resulting in stronger, nourished, softer and frizz-free hair.
- Available in 400g packaging;
The price varies around R $ 29.20.
Prices and where to buy
Hair sealing products can be found in pharmacies, cosmetics stores and online stores.
You can choose to buy individual products or in kits offered by some brands.
Values vary according to the brand, quantity of product and the items it contains in the kit for the application.
We have made a general overview for you to base yourself on when looking for products to do your sealing at home:
- Anti-waste shampoo: between R $ 27.99 and R $ 59.90 * in packages of 200mL and 500mL;
- Repairing Conditioner: between R $ 10.72 and R $ 111.20 in packages of 200mL and 500mL;
- Sealing mask: between R $ 29.20 and R $ 98.39 in packages of 250g and 500;
- Complete kits: Prices vary between R $ 34.29 and R $ 98.39 *.
These kits typically contain: 1 anti-residue shampoo; 1 volume-reducing sealant; 1 conditioner; 1 explanatory leaflet and 1 pair of gloves.
* Prices consulted at Consulta Remédios , on 08/13/2019. Products may change in price without notice.
Before and after
The effect of capillary sealing is noticeable the first time the procedure is performed. The brightness and the decrease in volume is what draws the most attention.