About 8 out of 10 adolescents have pimples, but an adult male or woman can also have these complaints. Acne is so widespread that it is a normal part of puberty.
Usually the pimples appear:
- on shoulders,
- on the upper body.
They can also occur on the lower back, arms, legs and buttocks.
The pimples are not transmissible to other people, they are not contagious.
Pimples or acne can be hereditary.
Pimples on the face in Chinese medicine
According to Chinese medicine, the position of pimples on the face has a certain meaning, which can indicate the cause.
On the forehead
This facial area is connected to the bladder and digestive system.
Area between the eyes
This facial area is connected to the liver and heart.
Area around eyes and ears The area between the eyes and ears is related to the liver, kidneys
and adrenal glands.
Cheeks The cheeks
are connected to the lungs.
pimples in this area of the face can be caused by pancreas (upper area, between the eyes), small intestine (middle of the nose), heart (tip of the nose).
The pimples may indicate problems:
This facial area is connected to the genital apparatus, stomach and intestines.
Sides of the chin This area may have disorders in the case of hormonal disorders, stress or circulatory problems.
Spots on the face When pimples pass, spots on the face
may remain that are caused by post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation and are dark in color.
This is the result of increased melanin production after inflammation.
Causes of pimples
Touching the face It may come as a surprise, but the face
becomes dirty if it is touched unconsciously during the day.
on the chin, upper jaw, neck and lower jaw could result from an excess of milk and dairy products or sugar in the foods.
- Milk contains hormones and enzymes that stimulate sebum production.
- High-sugar foods increase insulin levels in the blood (hyperinsulinemia), which stimulates androgens and growth hormone. The hormones act on the sebaceous glands and stimulate excessive sebum production.
It is not an allergy or lactose intolerance.
attacks the health of the skin. Then it happens that the adrenal glands produce too much cortisol (a steroid), which stimulates the sebaceous glands to work more than usual.
Cosmetics When new products are applied to the skin, skin irritation may occur or clog pores
hormones are chemical messengers that the body produces to regulate metabolism and cell growth, reproductive cycles and mood.
Hormonal changes in menopause can provoke:
According to natural medicine and hygienism, acne is a consequence of poisoning the body.
Toxins and waste products accumulate in the tissues of the skin and clog the pores.
This is the ideal breeding ground for the reproduction of bacteria.
Toxins are the result of a diet rich in:
- processed and preserved foods,
- pigmeat and sausages,
- fried foods,
- milk and dairy products,
- Cereals, especially refined (such as white rice) and gluten-containing cereals.
- incorrect food combinations, such as fruit after a meal.
There are foods that are considered harmless, but in reality they can cause intestinal problems and, indirectly, diseases and symptoms; These include:
medication can affect the body and lead to skin blemishes.
Wax treatment and hair removal
After peeling and wax treatment, the appearance of pimples is normal, because the skin has been irritated and can redden.
This is short-lived, about 2-3 days, and to speed up the healing process, a hot shower should be avoided after hair removal.
Reddened elevations on the skin, in addition to pimples in acne, can have various causes, for example:
- Hives (causes severe itching)
- Rubella (causes red dots)
- Rash in dermatitis
Pimples in newborns
- Some maternal hormones pass through the placenta and enter the body of the newborn.
These substances are important for various reasons, for example, they support lung maturation in the child.
The maternal hormones remain in the child even after birth and are responsible for acne and pimples.
- Some infants are born with acne and you can see the pimples until about 4-6 weeks after birth.
- If the child has pimples, then no soap or cream should be used on the face, as these can additionally irritate the skin.
- Certain medications, viral illnesses, and allergic reactions can cause an acne-like rash.
Treatment of pimples in newborns
In general, no treatment is required, it is recommended to clean the child’s face twice a day only with water.
Too frequent or too vigorous washings should be avoided.
Pimples during pregnancy
Acne and pimples on the face may be more pronounced due to hormone fluctuations in pregnancy.
At the beginning of pregnancy, sebum production on the face may be increased in women.
This promotes the development of acne.
Acne and simple pimples should be treated in pregnant women with simple and unscented natural remedies.
If problems persist on the skin, a dermatologist must be consulted.
Pimples during the menstrual cycle
The middle menstrual cycle is 28 days, with each day having different hormone levels.
- In the first half of the cycle, the predominant hormones are estrogen.
- In the second half, progesterone dominates.
The levels of both hormones reach their lowest level during menstruation.
The male hormone testosterone (also produced in a small amount in women) remains constant throughout the month.
Thus, testosterone is the predominant hormone in women a few days before and during the menstrual phase.
The increase in progesterone during the phase of ovulation stimulates sebum production, which serves to lubricate the skin.
Rising progesterone levels:
- the skin becomes oilier,
- clog the pores.
This effect causes sebum accumulation under the surface of the skin, which leads to the formation of premenstrual pimples.
The contraceptive pill can help women who have a clear link between:
- and menstrual cycle.
Anything that increases estrogen levels reduces the effects of testosterone in women.
The contraceptive pill increases the level of transport proteins of sex hormones in the blood.
This substance acts like a sponge and absorbs the free testosterone in the blood, which can cause pimples.
The minipill (which contains only progesterone) can make pimples and acne worse.
Pimples under the skin
- also form under the pores of the skin
- and cause symptoms.
They form under the skin at the deepest point of the pores.
These pimples usually feel rough under the skin and are quite painful.
Treatment of pimples under the skin
- One should not express the pimples lying under the skin. They do not have the classic white dot of normal pimples and one would only risk greater inflammation of the skin.
- What can speed up the healing process of subcutaneous pimples in a very special way is a warm compress.
Dip a cloth in hot water.
Then squeeze, fold and place on the pimples under the skin.
- Pimples on the face: what to do? Household remedies
- Red spots on the face
- Folliculitis of the scalp and face