Teens have many chances to develop red pimples (also known as acne vulgaris):
- In the face,
- On the back.
Almost 8 young people in 10 have pimples, but even an adult male or female may have this problem.
Acne is so common as to be considered a normal part of puberty.
Usually the pimples appear:
- In the face,
- On the shoulders,
- No trunk.
They can also be noticed on the back, arms, legs and buttocks.
Pimples can not be transmitted to another person because they are not contagious.
Pimples or acne can be hereditary.
Pimples on the face in Chinese medicine
According to Chinese medicine, the position of the pimples on the face has a precise meaning and may indicate the cause.
On the forehead
This area of the face is attached to the digestive system and bladder .
The area between the eyes
This area of the face is related to the liver and the heart .
Around the eyes / ears
The area between the eyes and ears depends on the liver, kidneys and adrenal glands.
The cheeks are related to the lungs .
The pimples on this part of the face may originate in the pancreas (upper, between the eyes), small intestine (the central part), heart (tip of the nose).
Pimples can indicate problems of:
This area of the face is attached to the reproductive system, stomach and intestine.
Smears on the face
When the pimples disappear, dark spots on the face may remain due to postinflammatory hyperpigmentation.
This is due to the increased production of melanin that occurs in case of inflammation .
Causes of pimples
Touching the face
It may be a surprise, but the face gets dirty when the person touches it unconsciously with their hands during the day.
Consumption of dairy products and sugar
The spines in the chin, jaw, neck and jaw can be caused by excess sugar or milk and dairy products in the diet.
- Milk contains hormones and enzymes that stimulate the production of sebum.
- Foods high in sugar raise blood insulin levels (hyperinsulinemia). This situation stimulates growth hormones and androgens. The hormones act on the sebaceous glands and stimulate the excessive production of sebum.
This is not an allergy or lactose intolerance .
The stress worsens the health of the skin. This occurs when the adrenal glands produce too much cortisol (a steroid) that stimulates the sebaceous glands to work harder.
When we apply new products to the skin, we can irritate or clog its pores.
Hormones are chemical messengers created by the body to regulate cell growth metabolism, reproductive cycles and mood.
Hormonal changes in menopause can cause:
According to natural medicine and hygiene , acne is a consequence of the intoxication of the body.
Toxins are the consequence of feeding rich in:
- Processed and preserved foods,
- Pork and sausages,
- Fried foods,
- Milk and dairy products,
- Cereals, especially refined ones (such as white rice) and grains with gluten ,
- Inappropriate food combinations, for example, fruits at the end of the meal.
Toxins and waste accumulate at the level of the skin tissue and clog the pores of the skin.
This is the ideal terrain for the proliferation of bacteria.
There are some foods considered harmless, but in reality can cause intestinal problems and indirectly cause illnesses and symptoms, among them are:
- Salty crackers and grissini,
All medicines can affect the body and cause skin blemishes.
Waxing and Waxing
Pimples after waxing are a normal reaction because the skin becomes irritated and can turn red.
The duration is short, about 2/3 days. To accelerate healing it is necessary to avoid hot bath after epilation.
Skin with red bumps can have several causes besides acne pimples, for example:
- Urticaria (causes a lot of itching )
- Rubella (causes red dots )
- Rash caused by dermatitis
- Insect sting .
Spines in the newborn
- Some maternal hormones cross the placenta and enter the body of the newborn.
These substances serve a variety of reasons, for example, to allow the baby’s lungs to mature.
Maternal hormones remain even when the baby is born and are the culprits of acne and pimples .
- Some babies are born with acne, but it is more likely that the pimples will appear approximately 4-6 weeks after birth.
The permanence of tears, artificial milk and saliva on the skin worsens acne.
- If your baby has pimples, do not use soap or cream on your face because they can irritate the skin.
- Certain medications, viral diseases and allergic reactions can cause a rash similar to acne.
Treatment for pimples in newborns
Treatment is usually not necessary. It is advisable to gently wash the baby’s face with water at least twice a day.
Do not wash too often or forcefully.
Pimples on pregnancy
Acne and pimples on the face may be more pronounced during pregnancy because the skin on the face becomes drier .
From the beginning of pregnancy, a woman can have a greater production of facial sebum .
This promotes the formation of acne.
Pregnant women should treat pimples and acne with natural and non-scented products.
If you continue to have skin problems, you should seek a dermatologist.
Pimples during the menstrual cycle
The average menstrual cycle is 28 days and each day has different levels of hormones:
- In the first half of the cycle, the dominant hormone is estrogen,
- In the second half is progesterone .
The levels of the two hormones reach the lowest values of the month during menstruation.
The male hormone testosterone (produced in small quantities by women) remains constant throughout the month.
Therefore, a few days before and during menstruation, testosterone is higher than the female hormones.
The increase of progesterone around the time of ovulation stimulates the production of sebum that serves to lubricate the skin.
When progesterone levels increase:
- The skin becomes more oily,
- The pores get clogged.
This effect causes the accumulation of sebum under the surface of the skin and the formation of premenstrual pimples.
Contraceptive Pills The contraceptive pill can help women who have a clear connection between:
- Menstrual cycle.
Anything that boosts estrogen levels reduces the effects of testosterone in women.
The contraceptive pill increases the level of transport proteins of sex hormones in the blood.
This substance acts like a sponge and absorbs free testosterone in the blood that can cause pimples.
The mini-pill (exclusively progestogen) can aggravate pimples and acne.
Pimples under the skin
- If it develops under the pores of the skin,
- Causing symptoms.
Under the skin, they form in the deep part of the pores.
These pimples are usually felt hard under the skin and are often quite painful.
Treatment for pimples under the skin
- Do not squeeze the pimples under the skin. They do not have the typical white tip and they run the risk of further inflaming the skin.
- Another thing that can speed up the healing time of a spine under the skin is a hot compress.
Dip a cloth in hot water.
Then fold it and apply it on the pimples under the skin.