Having a pimple is a common thing in people. Pimples can occur anywhere on the face and forehead. It doesn’t matter how much you take care of your skin, the pimples will find a way to come up. The pimple which has no head is called a Blind Pimple or Closed Comedones which is more painful and long lasting than other pimples. Occurrence of a Blind pimple on nose, chin, cheeks and head is common. Normal pimples don’t irritate that much and last only a few days but when you have got a Blind Pimple, things become more problematic because –
- Blind pimples are more painful than other pimples as they are very close to the nerves deep under the skin.
- They are more visible than other pimples because they are bigger in size and looks like a big red bump.
- If you squeeze the pimple, the skin can get infected and the situation will be more critical.
- The blind pimples point very slowly and they annoy you for a very long time.
Now you may be thinking how long do the blind pimples last? Well if you treat them properly, they can be removed within few days but if you try to squeeze or poke them, the blind pimple will not leave your skin for weeks.
- 1 The Cause of Blind Pimple
- 2 Treatment of Blind Pimple
- 3 How to Prevent Blind or Deep Pimples
The Cause of Blind Pimple
- The main thing what causes the blind pimple is the production of sebum in excess amounts which is caused by hormonal changes. This is the reason why the pimples are common in teenagers.
- The other reason is lack of hygiene which is an obvious reason for all kind of pimple problems.
Treatment of Blind Pimple
The best time to treat a pimple when it is developing as a red lump deep inside the skin. There are various methods of treating a blind pimple quickly and remove it safely.
This is a very easy and effective method for treating a blind pimple if you want to conceal the pimple in short time. Ice reduces blood flow to the affected area and reduces pain.
- Wrap an ice cube or ice pack in a cotton cloth.
- Apply it on the affected area for 10 minutes.
- Repeat the process 4 times a day for best results.
If you apply this method on the pimple, it can surface out quickly without any ache.
White Toothpaste which contains mint or clove oil is very effective in blind pimple treatment. The mint dries and cools the skin and helps to remove redness and swelling. However, if you have sensitive skin, this method is not the best because the toothpaste contains chemicals that can cause allergy and irritation of skin which can worsen the situation. So for sensitive skin you can go for the ice compress method which is safer and equally effective.
- Apply a small amount of toothpaste on the blind pimple and leave it for 2 hours.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water and repeat the process 4 times a day.
- You can also leave the toothpaste overnight for better results.
Warm compress method promotes blood circulation which accelerates the process of pointing of the pimple and the pus inside it comes out.
- Take medium hot water in a bowl and soak a cotton ball in it.
- Apply it on the pimple 3-4 times in a day until the pimple points.
- The water taken for the method should not be so hot because it may burn your skin and cause pain.
- Any herbal decoction like mint, calendula and chamomile instead of water which can be useful both for the tone of your skin.
Tea tree oil is a very popular cleansing and anti-bacterial ingredient because it has strong antiseptic properties. It can be used solely on the affected skin or you can blend it with your facial products for prevention against skin infections. But the pure oil is very harsh and may burn your skin, so it should be diluted with water etc.
- Mix the tea tree oil with water in 1:9 proportions.
- Apply the mixture on the blind pimple with the help of a cotton ball.
- Leave it on the pimple for 10 minutes and then clean it with lukewarm water.
- Now apply a light moisturizer.
- You can repeat this process 3 times a day for best results.
- If you have sensitive skin, you should dilute the tree oil with aloe Vera gel in place of water.
Check one of the best WikiHow’s article for more detailed guide on using tea tree oil on acne.
Aloe Vera is an amazing solution to your skin problems. If your skin is sensitive then Aloe Vera gel will be a better cure for the infections and also for the blind pimples. You can use the gel or even the juice of Aloe Vera. Aloe Vera has antibacterial and hydrating properties by which it can reduce the swelling of the affected area.
- Take a leaf of Aloe Vera, extract its gel and keep it in a tight container.
- Apply the gel on the blind pimple and keep it on for at least 30 minutes.
- After that wash it off and apply light moisturizer.
- Repeating the process twice a day will give you the benefit and will remove the pimple quickly.
Honey is a popular and easy to use ingredient for skin treatment. Its antiseptic and anti-microbial properties help to fight bacteria which are responsible for blind pimples. The best thing is you can apply it directly as it is a natural product and thus free from side effects.
- Just dip a cotton ball in the honey bowl and smoothly apply it on the pimple.
- Leave it on the pimple for 30 minutes and then clean it with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this process twice a day for quick and effective results.
- Only use natural honey and don’t buy honey which has chemical contents.
Lemon juice can also be used to treat blind pimples. The citric acid present in lemon works as an astringent that dries out pimples and cleans them. Lemon juice is used in different face masks for both healing and caring. Due to the whitening properties of lemon juice, it can help you to get rid of them completely.
- Firstly Squeeze the lemons and extract the juice in a bowl.
- Soak a cotton ball in the juice and apply it on the pimple for 5 minutes.
- Then leave it for 20 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- To clarify your skin you will need to repeat the procedure three times a daily for a week.
Milk is considered suitable for all skin types, it is being used for centuries as a beauty product and presently it is the main ingredient of many face masks and creams. It contains alpha-hydroxy acids also known as AHA which helps to remove the dead skin cells of outer layers and unclogs the pores.
- Take the unboiled milk in a bowl and dip a cotton ball in the milk.
- Apply the milk on the affected area and keep it for 20 minutes, then wash the face with lukewarm water.
- Repeat the procedure 3 times a day until the pimple points.
- Another thing which can be done is that you can apply the milk by using a clean muslin cloth and placing it on your face.
Epsom salt is another natural remedy to remove blind pimples as it fights with inflammation and bacteria. It also stimulates the blood circulation and accelerates the formation of pimple head.
- Boil half a cup of water and dissolve a teaspoon of Epsom salt in it completely.
- Use a cotton ball and apply it on the affected area and after it dries out, wash your face with lukewarm water.
- Do the process three times a day and it will provide you a positive result.
Alcohol is the fastest chemical to disinfect the skin and prevent the growth of any harmful bacteria. Alcohol opens pores and cleans them. It also cools your skin, reduces redness and the size of the blind pimple.
- Wipe the blind pimple gently with rubbing alcohol and leave it for half an hour.
- After that wash your face with water, repeat the process several times a day.
- Remember that alcohol will dry your skin so don’t forget to moisturize it.
How to Prevent Blind or Deep Pimples
Prevention is always better than to cure. So we have listed some tips which you can use to avoid to occer blind or deep pimples from face
Our body and skin requires enough water to be healthy and fit. To stay away from dehydration problem, up to eight glasses of water a day is needed. This will help you to have good metabolism, healthy and glowing skin. Your body will be clean of toxins which is also important for skin health.
2. Sleep and Exercise
Taking proper sleep is important for health and good looking. Enough amount of sleep lets your body rest and provides the energy for working whole day. The exercises are important to keep the body strong and tone. It cleans your body from toxins which are removed through sweating.
3. Perfect Hygiene
It is the main cause of skin problems leading to excess of sebum, dirt in pores and infection. By regularly washing and cleansing your face you can solve this problem. You can use just plain water or soaps etc. to wash your face and you can also add essential oils, lemon or aloe juice, apple vinegar or herbal decoctions. You can also make ice cubes and wipe your face with them. But don’t overuse the soaps and face washes.
4. Healthy Nutrition
You need to have a proper diet having all kinds of ingredients which keeps your body and skin healthy. By doing this you will leave all skin problems very far behind. Take fruits and vegetables everyday in proper amount to maintain the glow of your skin.