If you are one of those who have dry skin, you must think about purchasing a bottle of coconut oil because it is famous for its nourishing and moisturizing properties. It is also renowned for the best acne treatment.
Coconut oil is said to have potent regenerating anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. A lot of people are using it on the regular basis. They are convinced that it is good for treating pimples. In fact, others say that the coconut oil may provoke acne. However, make sure to follow the right ways to use coconut oil for acne to get the best results.
Coconut Oil – Is It Good for Acne?
For you to make most of the benefits of coconut oil as an acne treatment, you have to know first what it’s capable of. The secret in using coconut oil’s useful features is through its chemical composition. The coconut oil contains about fifty to fifty-five percent of caprylic, lauric, myristic, oleic, palmitic, stearic, and capric acid, vitamins D, E, A, phosphorus, calcium, and some useful minerals. Because of this rich chemical composition of coconut oil, there is no doubt why it is beneficial to skin care.
- The main reason for coconut oil’s efficiency in treating acne is its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Once it penetrates into your skin, the coconut oil will kill the bacteria and germs, helps pimples to point, and neutralize the inflammation.
- Moisturizing and nourishing are the most vital coconut oil’s features. That is why many people who have dry skin always keep coconut oil on their shelves.
- It helps against marks, stains, black dots, and acne scars. Oil clarifies the acne’s remnants and encourages them for fast healing. Such properties of the oil help to get rid of black dots.
- Coconut oil as an acne treatment has clarifying and regenerating properties. This makes utilizing coconut oil for acne a excellent idea.
- It’s worth mentioning that the skin can quickly absorb oil without it clogging the ducts.
- Because of its properties, it’s very efficient. Once you apply some coconut oil on your skin, it quickly forms a little film that protects you from environment’s harmful effects.
Even if there are some who find reviews on the internet that coconut oil may cause inflammation and pimples, you will be able to avoid this if you are knowledgeable of the necessary rules and you follow these correctly.
Coconut Oil – How to Use It for Treating Acne?
Cosmeticians are knowledgeable of the different recipes and methods that will help you treat acne with coconut oil. However, before anything else, you have to keep in mind that there are various types of coconut oil. It would be best to know what kind of coconut oil is suitable for you. See to it that you have cold-pressed oil. This type of oil has the highest efficiency of production method preserves the best amount of the useful elements.
The most efficient and simplest method of utilizing coconut oil for treating acne is applying it to your pimples directly. Heat a little amount of coconut and spread this with your fingertips. When using it, make sure to follow circular motions. Repeat these steps daily and get results within seven days.
Coconut oil is said to have several uses. You can get rid of pimples effectively through combining coconut oil along with some natural oils and applying these together. It is also best to take advantage of a jojoba, caraway or tea tree oil if you like to fight acne itself, and briar, flax or rosemary oil to eliminate the acne traces.
Another simple way to use coconut oil when treating acne is to add this to the products you use to take care of your skin while doing your daily morning face wash routine. Add a few of drops into the usual part of your cosmetic products. Through this, you will provide all beneficial qualities of coconut oil to cosmetic substance turning this into a remedy.
Use Coconut Oil As Mask for Acne
You may prepare a good mask at home. This coconut oil mask is perfect for dry and problematic skin. To make this medicinal mask, ensure that you have these following:
- 5 tbsp fresh aloe juice
- Two tsp honey
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
Once you have all of these ingredients, the next thing you should do is to combine them together. Then, apply the mask for twenty minutes on your face. When wiping your face, use a tissue. Remove the mask after twenty minutes by rinsing your face with warm water. Make this mask twice in every week.
This coconut oil mask won’t only soothe your skin, accelerate, and nourish its regeneration, but also, this will clear your face and will help you get rid of pimples in a quick manner. Coconut oil is a universal remedy, regardless of your skin type.
Coconut Oil – Is It Harmful?
Tons of people have negative reviews about the effectiveness of coconut oil. They say that this can cause acne. But, the truth is that it will only be the reason to cause pimples if you have used in the wrong way. So, make sure that you apply the right amount and see to it that you’re not allergic to it.
Another reason why some have concerns about it is due to the poor quality of coconut oil. Unluckily, more often than not, some manufacturers are dishonest and sell defective products, which cause inflammation and rashes. To spot a low-quality coconut oil and avoid it, take note of these:
- The aroma must not be poignant. High-quality coconut oil smells faintly.
- Never buy cheap oil. The price is always one of the criteria, and often, cheap ones are poor quality.
- The oil should be transparent. Brownish or yellowish color means that the oil is fair or of poor quality.
Following such recommendations, you will be able to avoid purchasing defective products and can minimize the possibility of negative effects.
The main and only contraindication to treat pimples with coconut oil is your allergy to it or individual intolerance. To know if you are allergic to coconut oil, try a mini test. You can do this by applying a particular amount of coconut oil on your skin, and if after twenty-four hours, there are no signs of allergy, you can say that you aren’t allergic to it, and you can use it safely.