Boils usually resolve themselves and the use of antibiotics in any situation of infection with Staphylococcus aureus (the main bacterium that causes the infection) only contributes to the development of resistance in the bacteria.
However, in some cases, antibiotic treatment may be necessary. These are the most effective drugs against the bacteria:
- Ciprofloxacin ;
- Amoxicillin + Potassium clavulanate ;
- Nebacetin ;
NEVER self-medicate or stop using a medication without first consulting a doctor. Only he will be able to tell which medication, dosage and duration of treatment is the most suitable for his specific case. The information contained in this website is only intended to inform, not in any way intended to replace the guidance of a specialist or serve as a recommendation for any type of treatment. Always follow the instructions on the package insert and, if symptoms persist, seek medical or pharmaceutical advice.
Learn more about boils!
- Symptoms and areas of the body affected by the boil
- Homemade treatment to accelerate the healing of the boil
- Is there a cure for furuncle? How to treat and eliminate the infection
- Can furuncle be transmitted?
- Tips on how to prevent and prevent the appearance of boils
- Furuncle complications: how does the infection evolve?
- Find out what are the causes of the boil
- Carbuncle or furunculosis? Know the types of boils
- Risk groups: who is more likely to have a boil?
- Understand what the boil is and how to differentiate it from folliculitis