With so many brands and options, it is even difficult to choose the best illuminator for every occasion.
Therefore, the Minute Healthy Newsroom brings you the best options of this product capable of transforming make. Check out:
How to choose the best illuminator?
The best illuminator is the one that best suits your makeup style. In order not to be in doubt, there is no way, you need to test several types until you find the most suitable one.
But some tips can help you to know and choose:
Discover your skin type
Knowing if your skin is normal, dry, oily or mixed helps to buy the product with the correct texture, which can improve the final result.
For example, people with mixed to oily skin should opt for powdered products and avoid creamy ones. In addition, these are good lighting options for beginners, as they are easy to apply.
Dry skin, on the other hand, requires more creamy or liquid products, although it can also receive stick or powder products, which are versions suitable for mixed or normal skin.
Set the tone
Once you’ve found the ideal type of illuminator for your skin, it’s time to think about color.
The most pearly and pink are indicated for light skins. Golden tones combine with dark skin and bronze and copper tones look beautiful on black skin.
And there are also colorless or champagne-colored illuminators, which are very wild and highlight all skins.
But these are just tips and don’t need to be followed to the letter. The most important thing is that you feel good about your makeup.
Read more: How to use highlighter in makeup? Walkthrough and tips
12 national illuminators
The national illuminators are very varied: powder, liquid, stick, cream and gloss.
So here is a compilation (in alphabetical order) with the main brands in Brazil and the darling products of those who like shine.
You can find these and other highlighters or makeup items in the Medication Consultation .
Dailus is a very popular brand in Brazil, mainly for its line of enamels. And in the makeup segment, the illuminators have space too:
- Dailus Faces of the Moon Illuminator : the powder product has 4 colors (Rose gold – crescent moon, Silver – new moon, Bronze – waning moon, Golden – full moon) that vary between R $ 31.90 and R $ 40.60;
- Dailus Pro Facial Illuminating Powder : this illuminator is available in 3 shades (number 2, number 4 and number 6). The average value is between R $ 13.20 and R $ 25.37.
This brand belongs to Florenza Life and Beauty. The products are very varied and the shades are known for their strong and cheerful tones. Among the options of illuminators are:
- Luisance Luxury Iluminator Palette: this palette has 6 colors of powder illuminator and can be purchased for R $ 34.52;
- Luisance Glow Gorgeous Illuminator : this powder illuminator has 4 shades (A, B, C and D) and costs, on average, R $ 29.45.
Océane specializes in skin care products. The main ingredients used for their composition are pearl powder and seaweed stem cells.
- Océane My Beauty Choices Illuminating Powder : this powder illuminator is colorless and costs R $ 26.00;
- Océane Light My Face illuminator : the product is colorless and has a creamy texture. It can be purchased for R $ 44.99.
Panvel Make Up
This makeup line is recent and is associated with the Panvel drugstore brand. Among the items are:
- Panvel Make Up Super Glow Illuminating Palette : Available for R $ 49.99, the illuminating palette has 4 colors: champagne, gold, rosé and bronze. This product can be used on all skin types;
- Panvel Make Up Facial Illuminator : With a small and practical packaging, this illuminator has a pearly tone and can be purchased for R $ 24.99.
Payot Boca Rosa
Payot started its activities in 1953 and today it has more than 120 products that are sold in all states of Brazil. Among the makeup items is:
- Payot Boca Pink Illuminating Palette #Omg! : The palette comes with 3 colors, with prices that can vary between R $ 59.99 and R $ 73.60.
Pinkcheeks is a Brazilian brand designed for all people. Even those who do sports and suffer from cosmetics and makeup that do not stick to the skin during sports.
The entire line is water and sweat proof, and the products also come with sunscreen, which helps in the care and protection of the dermis. Among the makeup items is:
- Pinkcheeks Sport Illuminator: this stick illuminator contains Sun Protection Factor (SPF) 30 and the price is R $ 90.25.
Vult has been selling makeup and beauty products since 2004. Among the main lines, the highlights are makeup, body and hair items.
- Stick Vult illuminator : the product, in stick, has a creamy texture and a sparkling finish. The prices of the 3 shades (number 1, number 2 and number 3) vary between R $ 15.95 and R $ 36.40;
- Liquid Vult Illuminator : the formula is creamy and the product is available in 3 colors (Gold, Pearl and Rosé) costing between R $ 25.99 and R $ 33.36.
6 imported illuminators
Imported illuminators are divided into wide varieties of colors, types, brands. Some companies bet on different textures, creative packaging and even specific scents.
The list is in alphabetical order and brings several options of illuminators of popular brands among people passionate about make.
The French brand French was founded in 1863 and at first only sold body dye used for the performing arts.
Today the brand stands out on the international scene for having practical and fun packaging that covers makeup and cosmetic products. Among them is:
- Bronzing Powder and Illuminator Bourjois Delice by Poudre Duo : with 2 colors (chocolate and white chocolate), this powder illuminator is similar to a chocolate bar, even with the aroma of the candy. The price, on average, is R $ 78.90.
The company, founded in 1932, is headquartered in New York, United States, and is present in approximately 150 countries. The highlights that are worth highlighting are:
- Revlon PhotoReady Insta-Fix Illuminator : the stick product is available in two colors (Pink light and Glod light). Prices vary between R $ 42.66 and R $ 59.90
Ruby Rose is a Chinese brand that has several lines, totaling 500 products (including makeup, cosmetics and accessories). Among them, we highlight the illuminators, such as:
- Ruby Rose Bare Skin Illuminating Powder : the product is a powder and has 2 shades: number 2 (lighter) and number 3 (darker). The price varies between R $ 22.80 and R $ 24.00;
- Ruby Rose Highlighter Illuminating Palette : the palette contains 6 colors with powdered products and costs between R $ 61.75 and R $ 65.00. The tones are between pearly, pink and light brown.
Want more details about the brand’s illuminators? Our team did a super complete review on the Ruby Rose Glowing 3 Palette , don’t miss it!
All products of this brand have hypoallergenic composition, without talc. The balm also does not test its cosmetics on animals. The highlights that are worth mentioning are:
- Liquid Illuminator The Balm Dew Manizer : this illuminator can be purchased for R $ 111.85 and has 3 shades (Betty-Dew – copper, Cindy-Dew – rosé, Bonnie-Dew – gold and Mary-Dew – champagne);
- The Balm Bonnie-Lou Manizer illuminator: the powdered product has a golden hue and can be purchased for R $ 121.25.
* The average prices quoted were obtained through research in Consulta Remédios, made on 07/04/2019. Values may change.
There are many types of illuminator that vary in texture and shade. Among them, the best is the one that best suits your makeup style.
Minute Healthy has everything about the universe of beauty . Check out our posts!