All skins need care, from the youngest to the most mature. However, the needs change, so it is necessary to choose a skincare routine based on them.
The first step is to look for a dermatologist, considering that each skin is unique and nothing better than professional help to achieve the desired results.
However, to help you, we have separated some tips on how to take care of mature skin. Check out and find out the necessary care and product options for cleaning and hydration:
What is the routine for mature skin care?
Every basic routine of facial care involves 3 steps: cleaning, hydration and protection. For those with mature skin this is no different, but it requires other types of care.
This includes the use of products that prevent wrinkles and expression lines, in addition to those that have rejuvenating assets and that can help prevent and combat flaccidity.
Of course, after a certain age (around 40 years old) the production of collagen fibers decreases severely, which leaves the skin more flabby. In addition, the loss of water can leave you dehydrated and favor the appearance of wrinkles.
Loss of vividness in the dermis can also occur, becoming more opaque and “lifeless”.
With that in mind, an example of a mature skin care routine can involve the following steps:
- Cleaning – in this step, you can use a combination of liquid soap + micellar water. First, wash your face with the soap of your choice, a tip is to opt for one that has glycerin in the composition, as it helps in hydrating and softening the skin. Then, apply the micellar solution for deeper cleaning;
- Use of antioxidants and / or anti-aging – here comes the serum of vitamin C and with anti-aging action (usually, with hyaluronic acid as the main agent). These substances help to minimize the action of free radicals and other agents in the dermis, leaving it free from unwanted spots and signs;
- Hydration – the hydration stage is extremely important for mature skin, as they tend to lose more water, becoming dry and opaque. So, a good moisturizing cream will help to leave the skin fresh and soft;
- Sun protection – no skin dispenses a good sunscreen, it directly helps to prevent the action of free radicals on the skin and premature cell aging. Thus, leaving the skin looking youthful for a longer time.
What is the best moisturizing cream for mature skin?
There are numerous options of facial moisturizers available on the market, which can complicate the time of purchase. In the case of mature skins, the best alternatives are those creams that indicate anti-aging (or anti-signs) action.
It is also worth paying attention to product composition, as those with assets such as hyaluronic acid, the glycerin and glycolic acid have a higher power moisturizer.
Although the focus is on potent hydration to the skin, in order to nourish and stimulate factors such as collagen production and elasticity, it is still possible to choose products with different finishes – that is, with a matte or more luminous aspect .
Thus, you can choose according to your preference and the dermatologist’s indication.
Among the best moisturizing creams for mature skin, there are options like the following:
- Nivea Antiseptic Facial Moisturizing Cream ;
- Nivea Cellular Facial Moisturizing Antiseptic Night Cream ;
- Nupill Firmness Intensive Anti-Wrinkle Facial Moisturizing Cream SPF15 ;
- Nivea Q10 Plus Daytime Moisturizing Facial Cream ;
- Loreal Revitalift Hyaluronic Day Moisturizer SPF20 and Night .
It is possible to note that some indicate night or day use, this is related to the composition of the product. For example, those recommended for the day may contain sunscreen and those at night may contain acids or other substances that cannot tolerate sunlight.
Therefore, it is important to always seek the guidance of a professional in advance!
What is the best cleansing product for mature skin?
The skin hygiene step is very important, because it is at that moment that we remove the impurities that can harm the health and good appearance of the dermis. When it comes to mature skins, this is no different.
Considering that, in general, the goal is to keep the skin looking younger and lush, cleaning the face well contributes directly to this. For the remnants of dirt, makeup and pollution are collaborators in the process of premature skin aging.
In this sense, the ideal is to choose cleaning products that do not weaken or excessively remove the oil from the skin, in order not to leave it lifeless and even dry.
Therefore, the combination of micellar water + liquid soap can be a good alternative. You can first wash your face with options like the following:
- Nupill Firmness Facial Liquid Soap ;
- Cerave Hydrating Cleansing Lotion ;
- Glycare Facial Soap ;
- Cetaphil Cleansing Lotion .
Then, you can use a micellar water or tonic for a deeper cleaning, completely removing the remains of impurities. Some options that stand out are:
- L’Oréal Paris Micellar Water ;
- Bioderma Hydrabio H2O Micellar Water ;
- Biphasic Micellar Water Nivea Água de Rosas ;
- Tônico Facial Neutrogena Ultra Gentle;
- Nupill Firmness Intensive Facial Tonic Lotion.
Remembering that these are generic options and can (or may not) be indicated to be part of your skincare routine . Follow-up with a dermatologist should occur regularly, especially as you get older.
This is because the skin starts to have different needs and the care changes and intensifies.
Factors such as genetics, hormones, age and individual routines affect the health and appearance of the dermis, but with the help of the dermatologist it is easier to achieve the desired result.
Therefore, before establishing your skincare routine, seek medical advice first.
If you liked these tips, keep following Bleeza and get access to more informative content like this. In addition to reviews of the most diverse products!