Warts are an annoying problem that some of us face at some point in our lives.
We all know that warts are a nasty business for our superficial lives, and even though warts may seem like a trivial problem in a world full problems, it’s still an issue that keeps many people down. It evens makes beautiful people feel like they’re anything but beautiful.
They are caused by the Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) and have over 100 different types that affect people in many different ways. The way they affect people varies depending on the strength of their immune system. Some of the strains are mostly harmless, like the one that common warts come from, while other strains can be dangerous and cause some serious problems. Warts are a virus, which means that they can spread to different parts of your body as well as to other people.
So let’s go over some simple remedies on removing warts.
- 1 Type Of Warts and How to Treat Them
- 2 Home Remedies for Wart Removal
- 3 Healthy diet
- 4 Precautions required when you have Warts
- 5 Final Words
Type Of Warts and How to Treat Them
If you have a wart or suffer with a lot of warts, you need to determine what kind of warts you have before you can address them. Believe it or not, there are all kinds of warts – flat, common HPV, pointed, warts on hands and plantar warts. The kind of wart you suffer with can dictate what kind of treatment you end up undergoing.
Here’s a look at the different types of warts
These are painless, round papules that range in three to 10 millimeters in diameter. The surface of common warts is a little rough. The color of the skin doesn’t change or will turn a grayish-brown. These warts are seen usually on the hands and fingers, although they can also be seen on the face and head.
Flat wart are small in size, with a color similar to the skin although they may appear yellow in color. The surface is generally smooth, and extend a bit above the skin level. Flat warts are generally seen on the hands.
These warts have a pointy shape, which is why they get their name. These papules tend to grow together, in a cauliflower shape, and are lighter in their colors.
These papules are seen on the genitals, and are usually due to a long-term irritation or a softening of the skin cover.
Planter Warts are found on the foot, and tend to be the most bothersome because of it. Walking when you have a plantar wart often leads to pain. If you have plantar warts, you’ll be glad to know that they can be removed using home remedies.
If you decide that you want to eliminate your warts using traditional remedies, it needs to be noted that there are other methods that can help you. Some of these methods are popular while others are rather traditional. If you go to the doctor, you’re liable to be prescribed lubricants to place on the wart or the doctor may suggest you freeze the wart.
Of course, what most people don’t know is that the disease can go away all on its own so long as the sufferer’s immune system improves. However, if you can’t wait for it to go away on its own, there are all kinds home remedies you can try that doesn’t involve a visit to a medical professional.
Home Remedies for Wart Removal
There is no need for any expensive drugs in wart removal through home remedies. Everything you need to use is fairly available and within anyone’s budget.
Patience is a virtue that you require with these methods, as they take their time in producing the desired results. The foremost need is to strengthen your immunity and in order to prevent the virus from activating new warts on the skin, it’s better to let the process take its time.
There is a ton of techniques for how to diminish warts at home. Generally speaking, the primary segments of the treatment are such natural items as plants, vegetables, herbs and oils. Below are some reasons to choose home remedies for wart removal.
- If you have tried mainstream treatments and they have not worked.
- You are limited on money.
- You would rather avoid using strange chemicals to get rid of these warts.
Then you should try some of these home remedies for warts instead. Many of them are not super extraordinary, so they can be done by anyone, regardless of medical experience.
Here are a few suggestions on the best way to utilize them to remove warts as fast as could be possible.
Apple Cider Vinegar:
ACV is a miracle to home remedies, and it works for removing warts too. There will probably be some soreness or swelling at first, so if it gets to be too much, you can switch methods.
It is not instant, but it definitely works. What you need to do is-
- Take about 2 TBs of Apple Cider Vinegar, a cotton ball or piece of cloth, and a bandage.
- Soak your cotton ball in the apple cider vinegar until it is soaked, and then gently squeeze out the excess liquid so it doesn’t get everywhere when you apply it.
- Place it over the wart and secure it into place with your bandage. You can leave it on overnight or all day, and the wart should come off within 1-2 weeks.
You can also remove warts by using vinegar, which you soak in onions. Place it on the wart with the adhesive tape mentioned mentioned in the Acetic acid method and it should fall off in a few days.
I will go on the record and state that removing warts on the face, neck, and chest with this method is not recommended.
Bananas contain a proteolytic enzyme (say that 10 times fast) that will eat away at the wart. What you need to do is have a banana peel on hand and something to scrape the inside of it with. Twice a day, take and scrape off the whitish mush from the inside of the peel and apply it to your wart.
Make sure to wash your hands afterward so the wart cannot spread. Keep this up until the wart is gone. You could probably do this more than just twice a day if you wanted to.
Vitamin C Method
Vitamin C should help to destroy the virus causing the wart, and you can help it along by using lemon’s acidity to kill it off quicker. You will need something to crush up 1 vitamin C tablet, a vitamin C tablet, and some lemon juice.
Crush up the tablet and add enough lemon to make it pasty then apply it to your wart and cover it with a bandage. Repeat this until the wart is gone.
Aloe Leaves / Kalanchoe Leaves
- Take a glass of warm water and add one teaspoon of baking soda.
- Apply this soda solution to the wart for almost 10 minutes.
- Then take an Aloe Leaf and cut it from the mid to get its pulp, now put it on the wart and fix it properly with a bandage or adhesive plaster.
- Apply this application on the wart overnight.
While you are having rest, the pack is “working”. The treatment course comprises of 7-10 everyday techniques. You can likewise utilize kalanchoe leaves similarly. Those leaves can be just ground to the slurry before use as they are quite thin.
Celandine is thought to be the best method for suppressing the development of any sort of “wrong” or harmful cells. Greasing up these lesions with the juice of celandine can be the speediest of home remedies for wart removal. It is quite easy to utilize this herb, simply break off the piece of the plant and grease up warts with bloated yellow juice. Over the span of such treatment, the wart must be always anointed with the juice and cut with nail scissors. The condyloma will turn itself to a dark color and after some time it will completely vanish away.
You simply want to put a drop of acid on the wart before you go to bed. Don’t touch, don’t think about it, let the acid dissolve in the wart. This may cause skin burns, which is also a nasty business, so you want to be careful when applying this.
If you follow this step by step technique below, then you should be fine:
- Whip out some adhesive tape and cut off a stripe.
- Cut a hole in the tape big enough for the wart and place it on it so that only thing visible through the hole in the tape is the wart itself.
- Then you apply the acid and apply some flour to it and make a small pastille of it. Put the pastille on the wart everyday until it dries out.
This method of wart removal may cause scars and should not be used on the face.
And now we come to garlic, which is actually a very good medicine in general due to its strong particles and elements. It actually helps clean the blood vessels and dissolve the cholesterol plaques ion your body.
This is also a more gentle way of treating warts, compared to the methods above. You can actually remove warts by-
- Infusing garlic with vinegar and let it decoct in a tightly sealed container or bottle for approximately 2 weeks.
- Use this mixture on the wart at least two times every single day until it falls off.
- You may also rub the garlic itself on the wart about 1-2 times a day, in which you cut the garlic in half and rub each half.
Garlic ointments is another method of removing warts by simply rubbing the ointment the wart itself each and every day.
This kind of oil has been known to have plenty of medicinal properties and qualities. It has often been used when it comes to treating the skin and making it smoother. The substance that makes the wart go away in this oil is a form of acid.
To remove the wart with castor oil, you simply rub the oil onto the wart every morning and evening for ten minutes during a 5-day period.
The first step to the approval of any oil is to check it for any reaction with one’s skin followed by your ability to bear its smell for a considerable time. Before you go on applying an essential oil to your skin, add an equal amount of vegetable oil to it. Mix both the oils together and gently apply it to the tip of your elbow. Wait for any skin reaction; if there’s no reaction, feel free to use the oil as you wish. Listed below are a few oils you could use.
- Lemon oil or Pine Oil: Apply oil to the affected area multiple times a day till the skin has fully recovered.
- Hyssop Oil or Patchouli Oil: Take a bactericidal plaster and moist it with oil. Place the plaster on the affected area; don’t forget to change the patch on a daily basis.
- Eucalyptus Oil or Tea Tree Oil:
Tea Tree Oil
For quick recovery, apply this oil to warts a couple of times in a day. Check detailed guide on using Tea Tree Oil for Wart removal.
You could also use tea tree oil with table salt, for better healing. Take 5 liters of warm water and dissolve table salt along with tea tree oil in it. Use no more than 2 drops of oil and one teaspoon of salt. Soak the affected area (hands or feet) in this water for fifteen minutes before going to bed. Carry the produce for 5 to 10 days for effective results.
Check the procedure below-
- Take a crude potato and wash it properly.
- Now pick up a grater and rub the top leaf of the potato on it- this includes the underneath layer along with the jacket.
- Try making compresses with the mixture that forms and apply it on the wart; use a polyethylene or compress paper to fix its position.
- Carry on the process overnight, for about three to four weeks.
Since warts are known to develop when our immune system is weakened, maintain a balanced diet and consume foods that help strengthen our immune system. This advice can be combined with any more specific treatment discussed above. It is recommended:
- Reduce the consumption of sugars. Both in beverages and carbonates, it is best to eliminate them completely from the diet, as in industrial bakery.
- Increase the consumption of fresh and varied fruits and vegetables, preferably raw or boiled, to increase the consumption of essential vitamins and nutrients necessary for our organism. Also we will consume enough antioxidants to help improve our immune system.
- Increase consumption of foods high in sulfur, such as garlic, onions, Brussels sprouts, cabbage and broccoli.
- Consuming foods that contain zinc daily, as it is known that this mineral helps our immune system, this is found in pumpkin seeds, bee pollen, cocoa powder and chocolate for example.
- Reduce the consumption of animal fats and proteins of animal origin.
Precautions required when you have Warts
Following are some precautions that you could use to avoid getting any infections leading to warts:
- There should be no compromise on hygiene. Follow strict steps to ensure good hygiene.
- Follow a perfectly healthy and balanced diet which includes all vitamins.
- Learn to overcome stress and feel relaxed.
It is important to state that there are times when home remedies don’t seem to help an individual. If you’ve tried these remedies for a couple of weeks and find no benefit from them, or observe an increase in lesions, it is highly recommended to consult your doctor.
If you have not visited any doctors regarding your problem on warts and notice a change in them (related to color, size, shape or their feel), it is recommended to visit a dermatologist.
In case you find the Warts to be showing some malignant characteristics, you must go see an oncologist. This is a pretty rare case scenario but it’s always better to be safe than sorry.