Ovulation is one of the phases of the female menstruation process, in which there is usually the release of 1 egg for fertilization.
After being released, the egg is moved to the fallopian tube, where it can be fertilized or, if it does not occur, later be released by menstruation.
This process allows fertilization, therefore, the development of a pregnancy.
How to apply Pergoveris pen (pen)?
Pergoveris is administered subcutaneously, using an injection pen.
It is recommended to apply in a different place at each dose, to minimize the chances of irritation in the area.
For administration, three steps are required: prepare the pen, prepare the dose and perform the injection.
Preparation Pen for injection
To prepare the pen, there are a few steps:
- Remove the protective cap from the pen;
- Attach the new needle, supplied in the package, to the pen;
- Remove the protective cap from the needle;
- Hold the pen with the needle up and carefully remove the green inner cap.
A drop of liquid should appear at the tip of the needle. If not, follow the instructions:
- Turn the adjustment knob clockwise, until the display reads 25;
- Hold the pen with the needle pointing upwards;
- Lightly touch the reservoir support;
- Press the dose adjustment button completely;
- A small drop will appear at the tip of the needle.
To prepare the dose, simply turn the adjustment knob to the value determined by the responsible physician.
Injection of the dose
According to the package insert, for the injection, the steps are:
- Clean the area where the medicine will be applied, with a cotton pad soaked in alcohol;
- Slowly insert the needle into the skin;
- Slowly and completely press the dose adjustment button, so that it is applied in full;
- Keep the button pressed for at least 5 seconds to make sure you have injected the dose in full;
- Remove the skin needle, keeping the dose adjustment button pressed until it is completely removed.
After application, the number on the display will return to 0.
Always follow your doctor’s instructions!
What are the side effects present in the package leaflet?
Like most medications, Pergoveris can cause side effects in some people.
The very common adverse reactions present in the package leaflet are:
Common reactions include:
- Abdominal pain;
- Pain in the breasts;
- Pelvic pain;
- Irritation at the injection site;
- Diarrhea ;
- Abdominal cramps;
- Abdominal distension.
If administered together with the hormone HCG (human chorionic gonadotropin), there is the possibility of developing the Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome – formation of ovarian cysts.
It is worth remembering that each organism reacts differently to the medication and, thus, not necessarily all people will suffer from side effects.
Pergoveris is fattening?
Not necessarily . Weight gain is not a direct side effect of using the drug alone.
However, Pergoveris is a treatment that acts on female hormones, which, like others, can cause fluid retention and the feeling of bloating.
In general, significant weight gain will only occur if there are complications such as the development of Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome during medication use.
Price: what is the value of Pergoveris 150UI and 300UI?
The price of Pergoveris may vary depending on the geographical location and establishment of purchase. It can be found in physical pharmacies and online.
In general, the drug costs *:
- Pergoveris 150UI / 75UI – R $ 325;
- Pergoveris 300UI / 150UI – R $ 690;
- Pergoveris 450UI / 225UI – R $ 1,097;
- Pergoveris 900UI / 450UI – R $ 2,182.
* Prices consulted in February 2020. Prices may change.
If there is a need to compare prices, the Consulta Remédios website can be used , which provides medication values in several pharmacies in each region.
Alfafolitropina + Alfalutropina has in SUS or ANS?
No . The association of Alfafolitropina and Alfalutropina is not part of the National List of Essential Medicines (RENAME), that is, it does not participate in the list of medicines provided by SUS.
The list of ANS is the list of minimum procedures (exams, surgeries, consultations) that health plans are required to cover for clients.
Hormonal treatment with Alfafolitropina next to Alfalutropina is not part of that list.
However, patients who have a medical prescription and cannot afford the costs of medication can file a lawsuit in an attempt to obtain the cost of the drug by the State or private plan.
In this case, it is necessary to present some documents such as medical report, exams and quotes in 3 different pharmacies.
How to budget Pergoveris?
For cases in which the SUS does not provide medication and the (a) patient is unable to afford the costs, it is possible to go to court asking for treatment coverage.
For that, it is necessary to open a judicial process and present some documents, which include:
- Medical report;
- Budget in 3 different pharmacies.
For the realization of the budget, it is possible to obtain assistance in advising on the quotation of high-cost medications , which makes a personalized quotation simply and quickly.
Infertility is a problem that affects the lives of several people, providing, in some cases, the intense search for some solution.
Therefore, with the advancement of technologies, more and more treatments are being developed with the objective of resolving this condition.
This is the case with Pergoveris, which induces ovulation in women with hormonal problems, thus facilitating pregnancy.
Do you want to know more about it? The Healthy Minute has other content on medications and pregnancy for you. Check out!