Taking care of the hygiene of pets is essential, since many people like to have pets close by. Therefore, it is important to know the correct way to clean them without harming the health and well-being of pets.
Thinking about it, in this article Minuto Healthy will give tips on how to bathe the dogs at home and what products are needed for that. Check out!
How to bathe a dog at home?
Bath time is a very important time in the routine of pets, to do this at home it is necessary to have some care.
In order to bathe dogs inside the house, it is necessary to take some precautions in order to be able to properly sanitize the animal and maintain its health.
Thus, it is important to know the characteristics of the pet to choose products suitable for it. The only way to have this information is to take the pet to the veterinarian, who will evaluate the animal and diagnose possible allergies or diseases that he has.
It is worth remembering that many dogs do not feel comfortable during bath time, which can hinder the action, however, even if it is stressful for the person who is doing it, it is necessary to be patient and careful with the animal so that it relaxes and feels feel at ease while being sanitized.
To help, it is important to choose a time when the pet is a little tired, such as after playing or taking a walk, as this is more likely to remain calm during the bath.
Step by step to bathe a dog at home
- Make sure you have all the necessary items: it is recommended to be beside the dog during the entire bath time, so that there is no chance of it escaping and ending up spreading dirt throughout the environment. Therefore, it is important to have all the necessary items close by, such as shampoo, conditioner, towel, cotton, dryer, brush, among others;
- Choose a suitable space: for comfort when cleaning the dog, it is ideal to find an area with a size that is sufficient to bathe and that has no gaps for the animal to escape. In addition, you should not have objects that are too close to you that are dangerous for the dog.
- Brush the hair: to remove the coarse dirt stuck to the animal’s hair, it is advisable to brush. During this stage, care and tranquility must be taken when running the brush / comb through the dog’s body, otherwise the animal may be restless and want to escape the bath;
- Protect the animal’s ears: before starting the bath, it is necessary to protect the dog’s ears with small pieces of cotton, as this way it is possible to ensure that no water will enter the area and that the pet’s hearing will not be affected;
- Leave the water at the right temperature: the warm temperature is more suitable for bathing dogs, as pets feel uncomfortable with cold water and should also not be exposed to very hot water;
- Apply the shampoo and conditioner: after carefully wetting the animal, it is time to apply the shampoo over the entire length of the dog’s body. Spread the shampoo by scrubbing carefully to prevent the substance from entering the pet’s eye. Then rinse. It is worth remembering that the shampoo must be a specific product for dogs and that it does not cause any irritation to the animal’s skin.
- Apply the conditioner: after removing all the residue from the shampoo, it’s time to use the conditioner. Like the shampoo, the conditioner must also be especially for dogs. The conditioner helps to make the hair softer and shinier, so apply the product and spread by massaging slowly. Then rinse.
- Dry: first use a (or more depending on the need) towel to remove excess water from the animal’s fur, then, to finish drying the dog, a hair dryer can be used (be careful with the temperature, which should warm or cold). If the dog is uncomfortable with the noise, it is better to let the hair dry naturally.
- Perfume and accessories: this part is optional, so if you like to keep your pet smelling longer, you can spray a perfume or cologne made exclusively for animals. Likewise, if desired, clothes or accessories can be placed on the dog.
What is good for bathing a dog?
Nowadays it is possible to find several items manufactured especially for the bathing routine of dogs, such as soaps, shampoos, conditioners, brushes and cottons. They can be purchased according to the owner’s preference and the animal’s needs.