There is no exact consensus on what the low-carb diet would be , but it is characterized by avoiding the ingestion of carbohydrates , such as grains – even whole grains -, pasta, breads and cakes, and replacing them with fibers and fats.
The protagonist of this diet is vegetables, which make up 70% of the food base. The rest is completed with foods such as meat, eggs and cheese.
Many people have doubts about which foods can be part of the diet and which should be avoided. But it is important to emphasize that the consultation with the nutritionist is essential so that the menu respects the individual needs and does not harm the patient’s health. Check out a general listing here:
What is allowed in the low-carb diet?
All of the foods below can be eaten without restriction. If after the meal you are still hungry, you can repeat it without any problems. Just be careful not to exceed the maximum amount of carbohydrates per day.
- Meat : cow, pig, chicken, fish and others;
- Eggs : all types of eggs are good, but the best is the free-range egg;
- Vegetables and Vegetables : spinach, broccoli and others;
- Nuts and seeds : almonds, chestnuts, walnuts, pumpkin seed, sunflower and others;
- Dairy products : cheese, butter, sour cream and yogurt;
- Fats and oils : lard, coconut oil, olive oil and fish oil;
- Drinks : coffee, tea, water.
Food allowed, but with reservations
If you don’t want to lose that much weight, your diet may have a little more carbohydrates, check out what they are:
- Tubers : potatoes, sweet potatoes, beets, carrots and others;
- Gluten-free grains : rice, oats, quinoa and others;
- Legumes : lentils and beans;
- Fruits : strawberry, avocado, peach, melon and coconut;
- Chocolate : preferably consume those with more than 70% cocoa;
- Wine : avoid versions that have a lot of sugar. A good option is Port Wine.
What is prohibited in the low-carb diet?
The following list points out all the foods that should be avoided to the extreme by practitioners of the low-carb diet . Know which foods you will have to say goodbye to:
- Refined Sugar : soft drinks, fruit juice not allowed, ice cream, sweets, cakes and everything that contains refined sugar or corn glucose;
- Gluten grains : wheat, rye and barley;
- Trans fat : foods with hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated fat, such as margarine, must be cut;
- Light and ” low-fat “ products: many light products have even greater amounts of carbohydrates than “normal” products, so avoid it;
- Industrialized and processed foods : this category also tends to have a lot of carbohydrates, so stay away.