The Ministry of Health started on Wednesday, April 10, the flu vaccination campaign . It is estimated that 58 million people are expected to get the vaccine by May 31.
This year, the vaccination campaign was divided into two parts:
Until April 18 , vaccination priorities will be:
- Children (older than 6 months and younger than 6 years);
- Pregnant women .
These two groups will also be able to take other vaccines provided for in the Vaccination Booklet.
Between the 22nd of April and the 31st of May the other risk groups will be vaccinated:
- Health and prison system workers;
- Elderly (over 60 years old);
- Chronic disease carriers;
- Indian people;
- Women who have recently undergone childbirth (up to 45 days after delivery);
Adolescents (between 12 and 21 years old) who are under socio-educational measures will also be able to get the vaccine.
Read more: WHO warns of new flu pandemic
On May 4 , D-Day, all posts will be open for vaccinating anyone who falls into these risk groups.