Treatment for urticaria
Among the medications recommended by the guidelines for the treatment of urticaria are:
- Corticoids (for example, prednisone or methylprednisolone),
- Creams containing prednisolone and pyridoxine.
The best treatment for this disease is to recognize and avoid the factors that trigger it.
Urticaria probably goes spontaneously. However, if it occurs many times, it is necessary to consult a doctor who:
- It will prescribe some tests to determine the cause of the disease and then,
- Will advise a treatment.
- The antihistamines to reduce rash,
- Stop consuming foods that cause hives.
It is necessary to keep a diary of the things the child did and ate the day the disturbance occurred.
Slowly, it will be possible to restrict the real causes and act accordingly.
Diet and food for urticaria
Doctors often do not know the cause of chronic diseases, such as hives, but most people who start a natural diet (and possibly a brief, intermittent fast ) improve or heal without medication.
The diets that give the best results are:
1. The blood group diet – a type of diet that depends on the blood group of the person.
Dr. D’Adamo is a naturopath who created this diet after noticing the reaction caused by certain foods in his patients.
According to this theory, people of one blood type develop symptoms and illnesses after eating certain foods , while others do not have any effect with the same type of food.
People think that nutrition affects only the digestive organs, in fact can cause symptoms in any organ of the body.
For example, people in group 0 can eat almost all types of meat because they have a high gastric acidity but should avoid or limit for example:
- Garlic .
People in group A have low gastric acidity in the stomach and can therefore eat cereals, but they may have health problems if they eat red meat.
2. The vegan diet with most raw foods is recommended by hygiene . Hygiene includes a lifestyle and diet very close to nature. The animals:
- They live outdoors,
- They do not cook food,
- Do not dress,
- They do daily physical activity.
This lifestyle is the opposite of the man who lives in the city; the consequence is stress and disease.
The vegan / crudivorous diet includes:
- Raw vegetables (especially green leaves and cruciferous vegetables),
- Fresh fruit,
- Nuts (hazelnuts, almonds, nuts, pistachios, etc.).
- Seeds and sprouted cereals,
- Legumes (should remain soggy for at least 15-17 hours).
This type of food avoids fermentation and intestinal putrefaction; therefore, the formation of toxins is greatly reduced.
Digestion residues are carried by the blood to all organs, including the skin.
To avoid the accumulation of toxins it is necessary to:
- Eat naturally,
- Practice sports and sweat because the body expels waste through sweat.
- Wear wide clothing and without synthetic fabrics because the skin also needs to breathe.
3. The Paleo or Paleolithic diet – is based on foods that nature offers, but it is necessary to avoid:
- Processed foods,
- Canned food,
- The foods that come from cultivation: cereals and legumes,
- Milk and dairy products.
In this type of food, the person eats only when he is hungry, with no fixed times.
The Paleo diet includes:
- Food of vegetable origin (fruits, vegetables, seeds, etc.) and animal (eggs, meat and fish).
- Healthy oils (such as olive oil).
Natural Remedies for Urticaria
If urticaria is idiopathic, natural antihistamines may be given to urticaria.
Among them are the topical application of:
- Aloe vera gel
- Calamine powder,
- Vitamin E oil.
A healthy diet with nutrients that improve the effectiveness of the immune system is essential.
The most important substance to be included in the diet is vitamin C.
Salicylates are natural aspirin-like compounds found in various foods of plant origin.
It is possible to try to reduce these foods, but you can not avoid them altogether.
Foods that contain salicylates are:
Some simple home remedies (such as a warm shower ) can relieve the itching and burning sensation produced by this disease.
Also the creams and lotions with menthol or camphor can relieve the discomfort.
How long does it last? What is the prognosis of the urticaria patient?
Urticaria usually improves over time.
However, it is not possible to predict how long it will last.
In many cases, avoiding the substances that cause it and taking antihistamines can control the disease.