Dark spots on the skin are blemishes that can be annoying; fortunately, there are therapies and natural remedies to eliminate them.
How can dark spots on the skin of the face be removed?
The doctor may prescribe creams containing hydroquinone.
- have excellent bleaching properties,
- are most often used in the treatment of dark spots,
- do not work instantly, but must be applied to dark patches of skin for a few months before they fade and become less noticeable.
Excessive use of bleaching cream can cause the following side effects:
- Skin redness.
Whitening creams for skin discoloration
It is possible to improve skin color with the help of:
- bleaching serums, .
Even Better – Clinique (Antistain Moisturizer)
This is one of the best cosmetics to reduce:
- brown spots.
- Yeast extract
- acetylsalicylic acid,
- Extract of turmeric root.
These substances help reduce pigmentation. The gel composition is very smooth and distributes evenly without greasing:
- apply daily,
- works in 4-6 weeks.
SkinCeuticals Pigment Regulator
This product contains:
- Glycolic acid
- kojic acid,
Kojic acid bleaches the skin and glycolic acid peels it. Emblica makes the skin more uniform and brightens the complexion overall.
It has a very silky and smooth consistency and can be successfully used by people with oily skin.
Apply the cream daily, the application is made:
- in the morning
- in the evening.
After application, the skin should not be exposed to the sun.
Other effective creams for bleaching the skin:
- Anti-Taches Day Face Cream Rilastil;
- Vichy Idealia Pro – Deep care against pigment spots;
- White Caviar Spot Treatment La Prairie;
- L’Erbolario – Whitening cream with licorice;
- Re Nutriv Intensive Age Spot Corrector Estée Lauder;
- Serum Capital Lumiere Clarins;
- Garnier Skin Naturals products for the treatment of pigment spots.
Hyperpigmentation or brown spots may decrease or fade over time thanks to the application of bleaching face creams containing the following substances:
- azelaic acid;
- Glycolic acid;
- alpha hydroxy acid;
- Licorice root extract.
Chemical peeling for dark spots on the skin
Chemical peeling is carried out by:
- Glycolic acid
- Trichloroacetic acid.
These acids contribute to the removal of the surface layers of the skin. Dark spots disappear with it. After the treatment, a burning sensation may be felt, which disappears after a few days.
Treatment is allowed to be carried out only by professionals.
Chemical peel performed only with glycolic acid is available over the counter and can be done at home.
It is a very mild chemical peel that must be used for 2-3 weeks before a first result can be observed.
Laser therapy for dark spots on the skin
This treatment can bring very fast results. It can be applied to any type of dark spots on the body. This procedure involves the application of pulsed laser beams directly to the skin spots to be removed.
As a rule, 2-3 sessions are sufficient.
Since it is a surgical procedure, a regeneration time is required. This method of treatment is more expensive and risky than the others.
- may further aggravate pigmentation,
- scarring may occur in rare cases.
Therefore, one should only decide on this treatment if all other methods have not led to the desired result.
Natural home remedies to remove dark spots
Natural home remedies to remove dark spots
The most popular remedy is the lemon.
- squeezed lemon.
- Apply the fresh lemon juice to the skin with a cotton ball.
Lemon juice is known for its bleaching power in lightening stains.
You can add a few drops of glycerin to this juice.
After application, the skin should not be exposed to the sun; the vitamin C contained in lemon makes the skin very sensitive to sunlight.
Another remedy is honey. You can apply it to the whole face or only to the affected area. Add a few drops of lemon juice before applying the honey to the skin spots.
are an excellent remedy for age spots.
The onion contains substances that act against stains, such as:
- Vitamin C.
- Dip a clean cotton pad in fresh onion juice.
- Apply directly to the affected area of skin.
- Allow to dry.
Alternatively, you can mix the onion juice with honey:
- Mix 1 tbsp onion juice and 2 tbsp honey.
- Leave on for about 20 minutes.
- For oily skin, a few drops of vinegar can be added.
To achieve good results, this method should be used twice a day for two weeks.
Aloe vera Aloe vera
is one of the best remedies for stomach complaints and diseases of the skin and hair.
According to a 2010 study published in the Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research, the fresh gel of aloe vera extracted directly from the leaf and applied to the skin has a bleaching effect.
- Extract the fresh gel from a leaf of aloe vera.
- Apply directly to the dark spots.
- Gently massage the area with your fingertips for a few minutes.
- Leave on for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash off the face.
- Repeat this process once or twice a day for several weeks.
If the face mask becomes uncomfortable, remove it with a clean towel immersed in warm water.
Apple cider vinegar and parsley
You can also use a mixture of apple cider vinegar and parsley.
To do this, mix together:
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 glass of water (200 ml)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Add the parsley and leave for 15 minutes.
- Let cool and add the vinegar.
- Store the lotion in the refrigerator.
- Apply this mixture regularly in the morning and evening with a cotton ball.
Exfoliation with bicarbonate
To remove dead cells that accumulate on different parts of the body, the preparation of a paste is recommended consisting of:
- 2 tbsp water,
- 50 g bicarbonate.
Gently apply this mixture to the dark areas.
After 10-15 minutes, it can be washed off.
Prevention of dark spots on the skin
- Avoid the excessive use of cosmetics, as they contain harmful chemical substances.
- Always remove make-up before going to bed.
- Protect the skin from the sun’s harmful UV rays with sunscreen.
- Do not exfoliate if the skin has injuries or lesions.