Properties and benefits of aloe vera gel and juice
The aloe vera or true aloe is a succulent originating from North Africa.
The health benefits that the juice and gel of this plant can give are numerous.
Aloe vera is an essential component of herbal remedies:
- for the skin,
- for numerous internal complaints.
Properties of aloe vera
Application of aloe vera for the skin
The transparent gel of aloe vera is extracted from the fleshy leaves of the plant and has been used for thousands of years for its healing properties.
The ancient Greeks and Romans used this “miracle plant” to treat:
- Skin injuries: aloe vera stimulates the production of fibroblasts that release collagen and elastin to repair the wounds;
- Skin infections;
- dry skin;
Even today, the benefits for the face are generally known all over the world. For this reason, aloe vera is a component of many cosmetic products against:
It can be very helpful in the treatment of:
It is also suitable as a peeling for dead skin cells.
In this way you get a pure and fresh skin.
Application of aloe vera for hair
Against hair loss
Hair loss is one of the most common problems of the majority of the population and is often caused by:
- poor nutrition,
- high pollution,
- Exposure to hair styling products.
Aloe vera can help reduce hair loss and also stimulate hair growth.
The enzymes contained in this plant can promote the production of new hair while moisturizing hair strands.
hair It is an excellent balm that straightens frizzy and unruly hair.
Against dandruff and greasy hair
It helps with seborrhea (seborrheic dermatitis), which can have effects such as:
- Hair loss.
Seborrhea is a condition in which the sebaceous glands produce too much sebum.
If this sebum accumulates on the scalp, it can damage the hair follicles and cause excessive hair loss.
Aloe Vera and its health benefits
Aloe vera is especially useful for the body, because the plant acts:
Aloe contains various nutritious substances, including:
- Amino acids
- Vitamin A, C, E and B complex
Aloe Vera for the digestive system
According to some authors, the juice of aloe vera is a natural detoxifier for cleansing the digestive system.
It provides relief for:
Aloe vera juice favors the healing of stomach ulcers.
Aloe can be used as a natural remedy for non-serious gastroesophageal reflux.
Attention! The juice is not indicated for inflammatory bowel diseases, such as:
Aloe juice can act as a laxative and thus also help with constipation.
Aloe vera for the immune system
Recent scientific studies show that aloe vera has an immunostimulating effect.
It can strengthen the immune system and destroy pathogenic germs.
According to the studies, the best results are achieved with aloe arbosescens.
This type of aloe has an increased concentration of the same nutrients and active ingredients of aloe vera.
It can boost metabolism, which in turn makes it possible to burn more calories.
That’s why the juice of aloe vera helps maintain an ideal body weight.
Interactions and side effects of aloe vera juice
This plant can also have some side effects, especially with excessive use.
- A long and excessive intake of the juice can lower the level of potassium in the body and cause a fluid imbalance.
- If you are pregnant and breastfeeding, you should not take them, because this can lead to damage to the child.
- Children: The gel of aloe vera must be applied properly. Juice and extract from the leaves of aloe can be dangerous for the child when taken orally. In children under 12 years of age, the following may occur:
- Diabetes: Some research shows that aloe could lower blood sugar levels.
Diabetics may have benefits from aloe’s ability to lower blood sugar levels.
When taking aloe orally, diabetics need to monitor their blood sugar levels continuously.
Attention! Aloe increases the effect of drugs for diabetes and can provoke hypoglycaemia.
- Intestinal diseases such as Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis: Those who suffer from these diseases should not consume aloe juice, because this juice is an irritant for the intestines. Attention: Products based on whole aloe leaves contain aloe juice.
Eating a crushed leaf can cause gastrointestinal irritation due to the anthraquinone it contains.
- Hemorrhoids: Those who suffer from inflamed hemorrhoids should not drink aloe juice, as this could make the situation worse.
- Kidney problems: Large amounts of aloe juice can provoke renal insufficiency and other serious diseases.
Benefits of the gel of aloe vera
There are many benefits of the aloe vera gel that is used:
- for cosmetic purposes,
- as medicine.
Treatment of the skin
The gel contained in the plant contains substances such as mannan, lectin, anthraquinone, etc., which promote healing and overall well-being.
Local application of aloe gel helps to alleviate:
It has a relaxing effect on the epidermis.
Aloe gel helps relieve the redness caused by:
- Skin eczema.
Today, there are many creams and lotions that contain aloe vera.
Gel of aloe vera for burns
Since it relaxes the epidermis of the skin and supports the healing process, it is applied to first-degree burns.
The gel exerts its effect in healing the skin at the epithelial level (cell layer covering the body).
It can be applied together with a moisturizing oil, for example with olive oil.
Aloe vera gel for hair and scalp
The application of aloe gel on the scalp nourishes and prevents dry skin, making it an effective treatment for:
The compound present in the gel, called saponin, acts as a natural cleanser and is useful in the treatment of:
The gel of pure aloe vera, extracted from the plant leaves, can be applied directly to the hair. This product makes the hair:
How is aloe gel applied to the hair?
- used before shampoo,
- added to the shampoo,
- can be used as a balm.
A balm is prepared as follows:
- put aloe in a cup; the amount depends on the length and mass of the hair.
- You can add a few drops of essential oil: mint, lavender or an oil of personal preference.
- Apply the mixture from the hairline to the ends of the hair.
- Then cover the head with a dry and warm towel and wait about 20 minutes.
- Remove the towel and rinse.
Antioxidant properties of aloe vera
The gel of aloe vera contains antioxidant substances. The antioxidants destroy free radicals that otherwise damage cell membranes.
Thus, when used daily, aloe gel can:
- slow down the aging process
- and increase a person’s overall well-being.
The effects also include strengthening the immune system. Thus, the vulnerability of the organism to viral and bacterial attacks is reduced.
It has an immune-modulating effect that can stimulate the immune system, especially the activity of:
- T-lymphocytes T,
- NK cells (natural killer cells).
It can help in case of thyroid disorders (for example, hyperthyroidism).
Aloe vera may inhibit the absorption of levothyroxine (Euthyrox), which is used for hypothyroidism; therefore, you should talk to your doctor before taking aloe.
Aloe vera gel for the eyes
Eye swelling due to stress after sitting in front of the computer for a long time can be relieved by applying pure aloe vera gel to the skin that surrounds the eyes.
To enhance the freshness effect, you can:
- Place aloe gel in the freezer for a few minutes.
- Apply to contours of the eyes.
There are numerous eye drops based on aloe vera and hyaluronic acid on the market.
These are indicated for:
- trauma to the eye,
- Convalescence after laser surgery.
However, one should consult a doctor before using these products.
Aloe vera gel for muscle pain
The gel of aloe vera is absorbed very quickly into the skin layers and is thus able to:
- relieve pain,
- reduce inflammation.
Therefore, this gel is effective in the treatment of:
You can apply it together with a cold compress three times a day.
Juice of aloe vera. What is it for?
The juice of aloe vera is very effective in treating skin infections.
It is especially useful for fighting bacteria and fungi that can occur in open injuries.
The juice contains powerful compounds that help reduce:
Aloe vera can be used for side effects of chemotherapy, such as:
The beneficial effect of aloe in patients treated with chemotherapy drugs results from its abilities of:
- Mucosal hydration
- relief of burning sensation,
- Pain reduction.
Juice of aloe vera for weight loss
Despite the many health benefits of aloe vera, its mode of action in terms of weight loss is still unknown.
For individuals who exercise regularly and follow a balanced diet, aloe can help them lose weight effectively.
Aloe vera stimulates the metabolism, so you use more energy.
The energy consumed is obtained from fats and carbohydrates, have accumulated in the body.
In addition, to increase the effect, it is recommended to do sports and a diet.
It is advisable to train at least 30 minutes 3-5 days a week.
In order to maintain the achieved body weight, a low-calorie diet should be followed.
At the same time, the consumption of fiber must be increased and junk food avoided.
Juices or drinks from aloe vera also have a laxative effect,
, but prolonged use may cause side effects, such as:
- mucus in the stool,
- Diseases of the large intestine.
Other Health Benefits of Aloe Vera Juice
The juice of aloe vera is an excellent natural dietary supplement. It contains:
- 20 amino acids – Humans need 22 amino acids. The human body can produce 14 amino acids; the remaining 8 must be included in the diet. Aloe vera contains at least 7 of the 8 essential amino acids.
- 13 mineral salts, including:
- 10 vitamins, including:
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B1, B2, B3, B5, B6
- Vitamin B12 – almost exclusively contained in foods of animal origin
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin e
- 9 enzymes:
Here are some of the health benefits of aloe vera:
- Improves blood circulation
- Strengthens the immune system and defends the body against bacterial and viral attacks
- Helps with ulcer healing of the skin
- Solves constipation
- Regulates blood sugar levels
How to drink the juice of aloe vera?
The juice of aloe vera has a bitter taste. Therefore, it is recommended to mix it with the juice of fruits and vegetables to make it tasty.
However, you can also enjoy the juice pure.
You can drink half a glass of aloe vera juice at a time.
Gradually, the amount of juice of aloe vera can be increased to one glass.
Where to buy the juice or gel of aloe vera?
Products with aloe vera are everywhere, but it is better to contact a health food store to get gel or juice of the desired quality.
Can aloe vera also be planted at home:
- in a flowerpot,
If the leaves of aloe vera are used, the outer leaves should be selected because they are older (at least 2-3 years old) and contain more nutrients.
- Removing dark spots on the skin: natural remedies
- Aphthae in the mouth and on the tongue
- Folliculitis of the scalp and face