Many people have a preference for natural therapies, and there are many of them for the most diverse problems – physical or emotional.
Of course, it is not always possible to treat or cure any condition using these resources, since conventional medical interventions are often necessary. However, even so, one can rely on these natural methods in a complementary way.
Thinking about it, we separated some information about the flowers. Understand how this treatment works, what the indications are and who can do it:
- 1 What is a floral?
- 2 What are Bach flower remedies?
- 3 What are florals and what are they for?
- 4 How does floral treatment work?
- 5 How to use florals?
- 6 What is the best floral for anxiety?
- 7 Which floral is suitable for weight loss?
- 8 Who can do floral treatment?
- 9 Is there a contraindication? Can it hurt?
- 10 How do I know which floral I should take?
- 11 Price and where to buy
What is a floral?
Florals are diluted extracts of wild flowers, considered as a natural therapy that aims to help balance negative emotions and feelings: anger , sadness, anxiety , jealousy, low self-esteem , among many others.
This therapy was created by Dr. Edward Bach, in the mid-1930s. Therefore, these essences can also be called ” Bach flowers “, due to the name of their originator.
This method has 38 types of essences, each with a focus on stimulating and suppressing a certain feeling – there are some such as Chestnut Bud (chestnut sprout), Chicory (Chicory) or Oak (Oak).
Its use is made orally, through the ingestion of a few drops throughout the day.
Although there are no contraindications or possible side effects, it is recommended to rely on professional help to ensure safer treatment.
What are Bach flower remedies?
As mentioned, flower therapy was created by Dr. Edward Bach, around 1930, in England. The idea started from this doctor’s theory: that illnesses were the result of a disharmony between mind and body, from negative energies.
Thus, he saw illness as an outward manifestation of a bad emotional state.
From his studies, he reached a total of 38 flower essences. He related each flower to a type of emotion or feeling. As a result, these essences have become known worldwide as the Bach Floral System .
These remedies are not intended to cure the disease itself. Rather, awaken the potential for self-healing in each person, so that a positive stimulus occurs, eliminating the repulsive feelings.
It should be noted that, even, this therapy is currently recognized by the WHO (World Health Organization) and included in the list of complementary therapies.
What are florals and what are they for?
There are 38 types of flower remedies, each one aims to balance and treat certain negative emotions or feelings, stimulating the body’s action at these points. These emotional problems can be classified into 7 broad psychological causes of the disease:
- Lack of interest in current circumstances;
- Over-sensitivity to influences and ideas;
- Sadness or despair;
- Taking care of others at the expense of yourself.
Therefore, each of the 38 remedies can help in the treatment of a condition, which may have one of the 7 issues mentioned above as its main cause.
See, below, what these flower essences are and what they are for:
- Agrimony — tortura mental;
- Aspen – fear of unknown things;
- Beech – intolerance;
- Centaury – difficulty saying no;
- Cerato – lack of confidence in the decisions themselves;
- Cherry Plum – fear of losing control;
- Chestnut Bud – inability to learn from mistakes;
- Chicory – selfishness and possessiveness;
- Clematis – dreaming about the future without working on the present;
- Crab Apple – dissatisfaction about yourself;
- Elm – overload with responsibilities;
- Gentian – discouragement after a setback;
- Gorse – despair;
- Heather — egocentrismo;
- Holly – hatred, envy and jealousy;
- Honeysuckle – living in the past;
- Hornbeam – feeling tired just thinking about doing something;
- Impatiens – impatience;
- Larch – lack of confidence;
- Mimulus – fear of known things;
- Mustard – deep sadness for no reason;
- Oak – exhaustion;
- Olive – exhaustion after mental or physical effort;
- Pine – guilt;
- Red Chestnut – excessive concern for loved ones;
- Rock Rose – terror and fear;
- Rock Water – self-denial, rigidity and self-denial;
- Scleranthus – difficulty making decisions and making choices;
- Star of Bethlehem — choque;
- Sweet Chestnut — angústia mental extrema;
- Vervain – excess of enthusiasm;
- Vine – dominance and inflexibility;
- Walnut – protection from unwanted influences and changes;
- Water Violet – silent self-sufficiency (leads to isolation);
- White Chestnut – unwanted thoughts and / or mental conflicts;
- Wild Oat – uncertainty about the direction of life;
- Wild Rose – resignation and apathy;
- Willow – self-pity and resentment.
Florals do not need a prescription to be purchased or used. You can find them in handling pharmacies and health food stores, for example. So that you can choose what you want according to the indication.
However, considering the fact that it is often difficult to identify their own emotional flaws or deficiencies, the ideal is to seek a professional specialized in this type of therapy.
How does floral treatment work?
The treatment with florals works through essences, which correspond to energetic compounds. Each stimulates or suppresses a certain emotion or feeling, such as anger and fear.
The method was developed from the notion that diseases are not really caused by external factors (such as bacteria, for example). But due to disharmony caused by internal conflicts. Thus, the use of florals aims to combat these problems.
This is a therapy that depends a lot on the patient, some experts indicate that the first step to be successful in the treatment is to believe in the action of the remedies.
That is, be really willing and have confidence that the expected result will be obtained.
In this sense, basically, it can be said that taking flower remedies stimulates the person’s own self-healing potential. This also stimulates the physical system to work against what is causing harm – in this case, negative feelings.
It should be noted, however, that flower therapy is a natural method and that in certain cases it cannot replace conventional treatments.
Factor that reinforces the need to have the assistance of a specialist.
How to use florals?
The flowers are sold in small glasses, with a “dropper” type packaging. In general, it is usually recommended to drip 3 or 4 drops directly into the mouth, around 4 times a day .
However, if you wish, you can dilute the essence in water – which is especially recommended when it comes to therapy for pregnant women or babies / children.
As mentioned, these products can be purchased without a prescription. However, it is recommended to seek follow-up from a specialized professional in advance, since he / she will be able to indicate the best floral for your case and explain how to take it.
It is noteworthy that, even, the use of more than one floral at the same time can be indicated.
What is the best floral for anxiety?
Anxiety disorder is a condition that causes feelings of worry, anxiety or fear to the point of interfering with daily activities – from the simplest, such as making a bed for example.
The use of flower remedies does not dispense with clinical and / or medication treatment, but it can be an ally in well-being, helping to alleviate anxiety.
As for the essences that can be indicated for the improvement of this situation, the following stand out:
- Aspen – can help those who suffer from fears or concerns of unknown origin, in addition to general cases of anxiety, apprehension, bad feelings and even nightmares;
- Hornbeam – can be useful for those who have problems with their physical and mental disposition to perform their work or daily obligations; that is, they feel very unmotivated and tired;
- Impatiens – for people who, in general, feel impatient, have difficulty respecting the rhythm of others and suffer from stress and agitation because of that;
- Red Chestnut – can help those who are constantly afflicted by others and / or who are afraid, overly concerned and caring for others (especially loved ones);
- Sweet Chestnut – indicated to help in cases of extreme mental anguish or feelings of unbearable hopelessness.
Some brands offer florals with the name already directed to the problem that it aims to treat, which makes it easier at the time of purchase (especially for lay people). Check out some options:
- Floral Thérapi Kids Anxiety – children’s version;
- Floral Thérapi Anxiety ;
- Floral Thérapi Physical and Mental Tiredness ;
- Bach Floral Polinize Feeling Anxiety .
Which floral is suitable for weight loss?
The process of changing habits can be difficult, especially when it comes to something like eating – since, in some cases, these are lifelong customs.
However, those who want to lose weight can count on the help of some floral remedies. Here are a few:
- Bach’s Floral Polinize Healthy Weight – harmonizes negative emotions and feelings that can arise when there is no healthy weight, in addition to bringing a rebalancing of sensations that can motivate eating disorders;
- Floral Thérapi Weight Reduction – helps emotions that favor balance, focus, determination and self-control (factors that favor changing eating habits);
- Floral Thérapi Life Change – in addition to alleviating the bad feelings that can arise with the changes, it collaborates with self-confidence and balance to face the problems that may occur during the transitional phase.
Remembering that these essences can help motivate you to persist in this process and make it easier. As such, they do not help you lose weight faster.
In addition, it should be noted that in any nutritional change process it is important to have the support of trained professionals in order to preserve health.
Who can do floral treatment?
Everyone can benefit from the use of flower remedies, but before starting the treatment it is necessary to understand that there is no guarantee of change, since the essences do not cure diseases or disorders, they only stimulate and suppress emotions.
Even, as mentioned, some experts indicate that the first step is to believe that therapy can be effective and help with emotional control.
So, although it is not something universal, there are many positive cases and people who benefit daily from the use of floral. In this sense, both children and adults can control and prevent problems such as:
- Low self-esteem or confidence;
- Overcharging on yourself;
Basically, the treatment with floral can be done by all those who need help to control any recurring negative emotions or feelings.
Read more: Self-esteem: what it is and its importance
Even pets can use this therapy. There are several floral options that aim to help control pets’ emotions – such as discouragement , difficulty adapting to a new home , aggressiveness or even to help with the arrival of a baby .
Is there a contraindication? Can it hurt?
Florals are natural and, although this does not guarantee that there are no risks or harms, in this case there is no contraindication for use. Thus, they can be used by people of any age and even by pets .
The essences do not cause any side effects, as they are made from flowers. However, if you have any allergies to certain plants, you need to be careful not to use them in flowers – which could cause adverse reactions.
People who suffer from alcohol dependence need professional indication to make use of this therapy, because in the formulation of the remedies brandy is used. What could harm the treatment for this disorder.
In addition to these points, there is no additional care required. So that the essences can be administered even by pregnant women, nursing mothers and children – with medical guidance.
How do I know which floral I should take?
When you suffer from an emotional imbalance, it is not always easy to understand what is causing this problem. Especially when it happens for no apparent reason, that is, without being due to a trauma or specific situation.
Therefore, the ideal is to seek a professional specialized in flower therapy. In this way, it will be possible to identify possible mental triggers that are causing the negative feelings.
From that, it will be that the ideal floral for your case will be prescribed, being able to be more than one or even a formula manipulated exclusively for you.
As mentioned, florals can be purchased directly from compounding pharmacies or health food stores, without a prescription.
Therefore, if you wish, it is also possible to buy on your own. In that case, do a self-analysis and understand your feelings, in order to acquire the proper essence and to be successful in the treatment.
Price and where to buy
You can buy the florals in natural products houses, handling pharmacies and on some websites or platforms such as Consulta Remédios – which makes it possible to compare the price of the same product in different establishments, in addition to delivering it to your home.
The price range may vary depending on brands, product availability and even the region in which you live.
Below, check out some flower essences sold and the price *:
- Floral Thérapi Lack of Memory – the 30mL bottle costs an average of R $ 30;
- Floral Thérapi Kids Nightmares – the 30mL bottle costs an average of R $ 30;
- Floral by Bach Polinize Rescue Urgências – the 30mL bottle costs around R $ 40;
- Floral by Bach Larch Nova Gerty – the 30mL bottle costs around R $ 20;
- Bach Floral Adult Bio Florais Sensation of Discouragement – the 31mL bottle costs around R $ 30;
- Bach Floral Traditional Bio Florals Chakras Rebalancing – the 37mL flask costs around R $ 30.
Florals can be very useful in emotional control. However, it must be remembered that they do not replace conventional therapies in more severe cases.
So, always count on specialized help to preserve your health (mental and physical).
Did you like this content? You can check out more: access the selection of texts on Natural Remedies here from Minute Healthy!