The symptoms of fatigue (physical or mental) are difficult to explain to the patient; usually referred to as tiredness.
- 1 What are the causes of fatigue?
- 2 Fatigue in the spring
- 3 Headaches and tiredness after a workout
- 4 Muscle pain and fatigue
- 5 Fatigue during pregnancy
- 6 Eye fatigue
- 7 Causes of fatigue after ingestion of sugars
- 8 General Symptoms of Fatigue
- 9 Natural Remedies for Excessive Fatigue
- A mourning in the family,
- Loss of employment, etc.
5. Iron deficiency anemia ,
6. Heart failure ,
7. Thyroid problems ( hyperthyroidism , hypothyroidism , etc.),
8. Excess weight or obesity ,
9. Cancer, almost all types of advanced malignant tumor, for example:
10. Diabetes ,
11. Pulmonary emphysema ,
12. Chronic fatigue syndrome,
13. Diseases that affect renal function,
14. Alcohol and drugs,
15. Sleep apnea ,
16. stimulating drinks, especially in the afternoon and evening:
- Lots of caffeine,
Fatigue in menopausal women
The onset of menopause is the middle age period in which a woman must suddenly face health problems caused by a hormonal imbalance in the body.
Most women are not prepared for these changes.
Suddenly, the hormonal changes cause the loss of normal temperament.
Among the consequences are:
- Mood changes,
- Hot flashes and night sweats are some menopausal symptoms.
- Body heat fluctuations and insomnia caused by respiratory disorders can cause excessive fatigue.
- Palpitations and arrhythmia during perimenopause cause blood circulation problems that can cause a low level of energy.
Symptoms that occur along with menopausal fatigue
1. A general feeling of discomfort
2. Need for an afternoon nap
3. Drowsiness during the day
4. Sleep problems
5. Loss of sexual desire and vaginal dryness ,
6. Mood swings,
7. Heat waves,
10. Difficulty concentrating .
Fatigue in the spring
The change of season after winter causes changes in the circadian cycle:
- There are many more hours of light,
- The person goes to bed later,
- Awakening is anticipated.
The heat and the sun promote the outdoor activities and, thus, the person consumes more energy.
These are the main reasons for fatigue in the spring.
Headaches and tiredness after a workout
The causes that can cause fatigue and headaches after a workout are:
- Electrolyte Imbalance: The imbalance of minerals in the body can cause fatigue.
- Lack of warm-up: Improper preparation before training can cause muscle wasting .
Among the consequences are:
- Poor nutrition: An inadequate diet is a frequent cause of fatigue after a competition or a game.
So if the body does not have enough proteins and other nutrients it should consume the energy of the body. The consequence is tiredness.
Often an unbalanced diet can cause headaches .
- Lack of exercise: An out-of-shape person who suddenly begins training can feel tired easily.
- Thyroid problems: This is one of the main causes of muscle weakness . In addition to muscle fatigue, it can cause constipation , depression, etc.
- Excessive exertion: Excessive training without enough breaks can cause fatigue and headache . It is advisable to shorten the duration of the exercise.
- Insomnia: Insufficient sleep can be a cause of fatigue and headaches .
Physical exercise worsens these symptoms. You need to sleep eight hours a day.
Muscle pain and fatigue
Fatigue and muscle pain can affect the body together.
There are several factors that can cause these disorders.
When an individual experiences severe muscle pain and psychophysical fatigue, immediate medical intervention is required because the cause can be a serious illness.
Among the causes of muscle pain and fatigue are:
1. Depression can affect both body and mind at the same time.
An outbreak of depression can impair normal functioning of the body and can cause extreme tiredness.
Other symptoms of this disease are:
3. African sleeping sickness or trypanosomiasis is a parasitic infection caused by the tsetse fly.
The symptoms of this disease are:
With the progression of this disease, the central nervous system is affected and the person suffers from:
- Sleep disorders ,
- Confusion ,
- Loss of coordination.
The consequence is persistent and persistent fatigue.
4. Some medications can cause serious side effects such as fatigue and muscle aches. For example, medicines to:
- Reduce blood pressure ,
- Lower cholesterol .
5. Some drugs like cocaine .
6. Fibromyalgia is a disease that causes:
- Generalized muscle pain,
- Mood swings,
- Loss of memory .
7. An autoimmune disease called systemic lupus erythematosus is responsible for muscle pain and fatigue.
This disorder can cause various health problems because the immune system attacks the body’s healthy cells.
Fatigue during pregnancy
- In the early stage of pregnancy , the body produces a greater amount of a hormone called progesterone .
This hormone is responsible for fatigue and drowsiness.
- The body begins to produce more blood and the consequence is an overwork of the heart and other organs.
- In addition, it increases the metabolic rate and the body needs more energy to perform other tasks.
- In the next stage of pregnancy, the body adapts to the new situation and only the child’s weight causes fatigue.
Causes of tired eyes can be:
1. Fix the computer monitor for a long time,
2. Read or watch television in low light conditions,
3. Drive for many consecutive hours, etc.
Causes of fatigue after ingestion of sugars
In most situations, fatigue after eating sugars, pasta and sweets passes spontaneously after some time.
In fact, a lot of sugar:
- It gives a feeling of more energy to the body,
- Increases the body’s metabolism rate.
However, you may feel tired and drowsy right after you have burned the sugars.
- Once a person consumes foods rich in sugars, blood glucose levels increase .
This stimulates the pancreas to produce too much insulin .
- A high amount of insulin causes many amino acids to enter cells except tryptophan .
- If tryptophan has a higher blood concentration compared to other amino acids, it can more easily reach the central nervous system.
- When tryptophan reaches the brain, it stimulates the production of a chemical called serotonin .
- Serotonin is a neurotransmitter that regulates the sleep-wake cycle.
This substance induces the feeling of tiredness after eating sweets.
Pre-diabetes, diabetes and infections
- One reason to be tired is pre-diabetes (carbohydrate intolerance).
At this stage, blood sugar is higher than normal, but it is not enough to be considered type 2 diabetes .
- The most likely cause of the feeling of fatigue after eating starch, sugars and carbohydrates may be the chance to develop diabetes .
- A mild allergy or infection (eg, candida or mononucleosis) could be the cause of fatigue.
Symptoms that occur along with fatigue after eating sweets
Some people may have one or more symptoms, while others may have no symptoms.
Among them are:
Difficulty of concentration:loss of concentration may be caused by:
You may have the feeling of not being able to perform the simplest tasks successfully.
In addition, people suffering from hypoglycemia may have:
Vertigo: Dizziness is among the most common symptoms that occur in conjunction with fatigue after eating excessive amounts of sugar.
General Symptoms of Fatigue
There may be several symptoms associated with fatigue, depending on the underlying cause.
Individuals with heart disease, lung disease or anemia have:
- Shortness of breath,
- They get tired easily with minimal activity.
People with diabetes may suffer from:
- Polyuria (excessive urination),
- Excessive thirst,
- Loss of vision .
Individuals who have hypothyroidism may have:
- Feeling cold,
- Dry skin,
- Weak hair.
Other symptoms associated with fatigue include:
1. Weight loss – in the case of cancer or celiac disease ,
2. Vomiting ,
3. Diarrhea – in the case of inflamed colon and other intestinal disorders,
4. Fever – can be caused by a tumor, an infection or an autoimmune disease ,
6. Muscle weakness or pain in the back , shoulder , legs , etc. in the case of fibromyalgia,
7. Swelling of the lymph nodes in the neck ,
8. Sore throat – in the case of chronic fatigue syndrome,
9.Anxiety and depression .
The main symptom of chronic fatigue syndrome is the feeling of constant fatigue that:
- Lasts hair less six months,
- It does not improve with rest or after sleeping.
Natural Remedies for Excessive Fatigue
1. Sleep: sleep 7-8 hours a night.
2. Healthy eating , rich in fruits and vegetables.
3. Regular exercise, avoid a sedentary lifestyle.
4. Avoid coffee and stimulants.
5. Relaxation techniques , it is possible to practice:
- Outdoor hiking.