If you suspect that you have the disease, it is advisable to consult with an otolaryngologist, specialist in diseases of the ear, nose and throat.
During the consultation, he will ask you some pertinent questions regarding the symptoms you have been experiencing. Eventually, an ear exam can be done on the spot, but it is rare that it shows any kind of problem. Therefore, the doctor may order some other tests to be sure of your diagnosis.
Among these exams are the following:
- EEG (Electroencephalogram);
- Computed tomography of the head;
- Hearing exams (audiology / audiometry);
- Magnetic resonance imaging of the head;
- Provoke heat stimuli in the ear to test the eye’s reflexes.
The performance of these tests is very important, because several diseases have similar symptoms and, in this case, they need to have their suspicions eliminated. Check out some of these diseases below:
- Mèniére’s disease;
Learn more about labyrinthitis :
- Understand what is labyrinthitis and its effects on the body
- Know the causes of viral, bacterial and emotional labyrinthitis
- Symptoms labyrinthitis: how to identify inflammation?
- Find out how labyrinthitis treatment works
- Remedies to cure and relieve the symptoms of labyrinthitis
- Living with labyrinthitis: tips to relieve crises
- Discover possible complications of labyrinthitis
- Prevention: know what to do to avoid labyrinthitis