Decreased male sexual desire is a problem that affects many men.
Firstly, intercourse is very individual for each couple.
The most common belief that couples should have sex two or three times a week is just a generalization.
It is necessary to ask people who have been married for years.
They will say that sexual intercourse is important but must be consistent with:
- The priorities,
- The desires.
Cultural pressure, pre-established notions and other factors should not measure the love and understanding of the couple.
- 1 Causes of Decreased Sexual Desire in Men
- 2 Causes of female lack of desire
- 3 Decreased sex drive in menopause
- 4 Reduction of sexual desire in pregnancy
- 5 Decreased sexual desire after ovulation
- 6 Low Testosterone Symptoms in Women
- 7 What to do? The best natural remedies for decreased sexual desire
- 8 Diet and diet for decreased sex drive
- 9 Herbal Remedies That Increase Desire
- 10 Fruits of love recommended for the reduction of sexual desire
- 11 How long does the decrease in sexual desire last?
In men over 50, the loss of libido may be related to aging problems.
With increasing age, it is perfectly normal to experience episodes of low sexual desire.
However, in young or middle-aged men, lack of sexual desire requires treatment.
Listed below are some causes of low male libido:
A physical problem can cause difficulties in sexual intercourse and therefore reduce craving.
Among the causes are:
- Problems with ejaculation (may be caused by pain in intercourse, by nerve injury that connects the medulla to the penis or by prostate surgery ),
- Erectile dysfunction .
Older people may have a reduction in libido due to:
- Decreased testosterone level in the blood,
- Problems of mobility,
- Side effects of medications.
The depression is a serious illness that can cause loss of sexual desire.
Other symptoms include:
- Extreme sadness,
- Loss of interest or pleasure in the activities the person has always liked.
Anxiety and stress
Stress , anxiety and scam can affect mood and sexual desire.
Other symptoms of scam and excessive stress are:
- Dizziness ,
- Tingling in the hands ,
- Problems of digestion ,
- Difficulty concentrating ,
- Nervousness ,
- Insomnia ,
- Tiredness ,
- Pain (eg headache and back pain ).
The reduction of sexual desire can be caused by a chronic illness or by the treatment performed.
Among the disorders that cause this symptom are:
- Heart disease,
- Hypothyroidism – the thyroid gland does not produce enough hormones,
Some medicines may reduce libido, for example:
- Beta blockers – according to a study by Rosen C. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2900627) can reduce the level of free and total testosterone,
- Antidepressants (tricycles and selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors),
- Antiepileptics such as topiramate; these medications attenuate nerve impulses and can also reduce pleasant sensations,
- Antipsychotics, such as haloperidol,
- Medications for the prostate like finasteride that blocks the activation of testosterone,
- Therapies for prostate cancer , for example cyproterone (blocks the action of testosterone).
- The alcohol can affect the desire and the erection capacity of the penis.
- Ingestion of drugs such as cocaine ; in this case, is a typical problem of youth that affects mainly young people between 20 and 30 years.
- The obesity can cause many health problems that interfere with sexual desire problems.
- Loss of male libido can also be caused by problems of mutual understanding, homosexuality, lack of physical attraction, boredom in the relationship, and often conflicting views about sexual desires.
Causes of female lack of desire
As in men, in women the lack of desire may have a physical or psychological origin.
- Anemia , very common in women because of loss of iron during the menstrual cycle
- Drugs abuse
- Serious illnesses such as diabetes and thyroid disorders, for example hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism , cause insomnia and severe fatigue .
- Prescription medications, especially tranquilizers and the birth control pill (eg, Belara and Yaz)
- Hyperprolactinemia – a rare disorder in which the pituitary gland is overactive
- Contraceptive vaginal ring NuvaRing
- Other hormonal anomalies: According to some physicians, abnormalities in the production of luteinizing hormone (LH) often cause a lack of desire , although there is no evidence to support this thesis. Other gynecologists say that many women who have lost libido do not have the androgen hormones (male). This view remains controversial.
These causes are very common. It is understandable that when a woman is going through an emotionally negative moment she may lose interest in sex.
Psychological causes in women include:
- Stress and overwork
- Children’s complexes
- Sexual abuse or rape in the past
- Serious partner relationship issues
- Difficult living situations, for example, sharing the home with parents or in-laws.
It is possible that the reader may be surprised that we have not mentioned menopause as a physical cause for the loss of desire.
Unlike the myth, menopause usually does not cause loss of libido.
In fact, in the part of life following the menopause, many women feel sexier and have more orgasms.
Reduction of sexual desire in pregnancy
During pregnancy , the woman has a decrease in desire in the first trimester, while the desire usually increases in the second trimester.
In the postpartum months and therefore during breastfeeding, some women lose their sexual desire due to:
1. Hormonal changes (mainly prolactin) that cause vaginal dryness and decreased sexual desire,
2. Loss of energy after being taken care of of the baby throughout the day,
3. Insomnia due to the baby’s crying,
4. Fear of the pain in the cesarean birth scar.
Decreased sexual desire after ovulation
In the days before the menstrual cycle the woman often has a decrease in sexual desire because of the increase of the hormone progesterone in the blood.
Between the end of menstruation and ovulation there is an increase in hormones:
The consequence is increased female desire and vaginal lubrication.
Low Testosterone Symptoms in Women
Research shows that female sexual health is greatly affected by low levels of testosterone.
The hormone is directly connected to desire.
In addition to poor sexual desire, in women the other symptoms associated with low testosterone levels include:
- Obvious loss of strength and muscle mass
- Increased risk of osteoporosis
- Vaginal dryness
- Lack of interest in sexual activity
- Vaginal pain during intercourse .
For diagnosis, the physician should evaluate the medical history, perform a physical examination, and prescribe blood tests.
There are gender differences when it comes to increasing desire in women or men.
Medications and recommended therapies may vary for both genders due to the different hormonal structure.
It is better to face psychological problems through discussions.
Here are some natural methods tested on women and men that increase sexual desire.
Sexual health is directly proportional to physical shape. A regular exercise maintains the proper functioning system:
If possible, one can attend Yoga classes because it can improve one’s health.
Yoga and breathing exercises clear the mind and relieve stress.
An effective exercise routine should be accompanied by a nutritious diet consisting of:
- Green leafy vegetables,
- Foods high in fiber,
- Other essential elements for a healthy diet.
The sleep and rest suitable are extremely important.
The stress (a cause of loss of pleasure, especially in today’s times of work overload and speed) reduces sexual desire.
Reducing sleep hours can cause a decrease in craving, especially in people who work hard.
Nature has donated some incredible natural pleasure amplifiers to increase sexual desire and stay healthy.
These are some of the best aphrodisiac foods to boost craving:
- Raw oysters
- Peach and strawberry
- Bitter chocolate.
Insert all these ingredients in the diet and make a combination of everything to satisfy the taste buds.
Strict dietary changes consist of one of the most recommended ways to increase craving.
Resolving Relationship Problems
If difficult relationships are the reason for loss of desire, it is necessary to improve communication and understanding with the partner.
It is natural to be frustrated:
- With the lack of sexual desire,
- When the physical needs remain unsatisfied because of problems in the relationship.
One should not hesitate to seek counseling for the relationship if it is ending because of the loss of sexual desire.
Drugs that increase blood flow and allow erection (for example, cialis or viagra) may temporarily resolve erectile dysfunction, but do not increase desire.
Herbal Remedies That Increase Desire
1) Epimedium Icariin
This Chinese herb is famous for being one of the herbs that:
- They increase desire in women,
- They help in the treatment of erectile dysfunction in men.
This herb can be ingested as tea and has no known side effects.
2) Ginkgo Biloba
Among the possible solutions, it seems that ginkgo biloba:
- Get unleash the desire,
- Improve lubrication,
- Favor the orgasm.
One of the main actions that the herb does is to increase blood flow in the genital areas of the body. This increases the excitement.
Another popular herb that enhances desire is ginseng. The agents present in this herb increase the release of nitric oxide in the body, favoring:
- The blood flow,
- Excitement and orgasms.
Also, since this herb also helps reduce stress in the body, it indirectly increases sexual desire.
A herb that helps men and women to face the problem of low sexual desire is the Peruvian maca.
The active ingredients of this herb are:
- Alkaloids ( magnesium , calcium, iron, zinc and phosphorus),
- High amounts of amino acids, fatty acids and vitamins.
All these elements work together to provide a positive overall effect on the entire endocrine system, thereby increasing and restoring natural sexual desire.
Avocado is good for the immune system and is rich in folic acid, vitamin B6 and potassium , which help the production of the male hormone.
Bananas are very suggestive because of their phallic shape, but they are not so misleading because they have nutrients necessary for the production of the sex hormone (such as potassium and vitamin B6).
In men the sleeve increases virility.
Fleshy peaches often pass on the idea of sexuality. They also have many nutrients and are a natural aphrodisiac for men.
Pineapple has plenty of vitamin C, which can be very useful for treating impotence.
The pumpkin has all the essential nutrients for healthy desire, such as antioxidants. The seeds are rich in zinc.
Tomato is a rich source of nutrients like vitamin C and is also very juicy.
Pepper is a vasodilator and increases the vascularization of the genitals.
The fleshy interior of a giant watermelon may be suggestively juicy, but it is the bark that contains a phytonutrient called citrulline.
The citrulline is converted to arginine in the body, increasing nitric oxide relaxes blood vessels and has the same effect as Viagra. Therefore, it can treat erectile dysfunction and perhaps also be a prevention.
No one can determine the duration of the reduction of sexual desire and the time of recovery depends on the underlying disorder.
- Erection Problems – Causes and Natural Remedies
- How to End Premature Ejaculation: The Most Effective Remedies
- Premature Ejaculation – Causes and Drugs