Chia oil, extracted from chia seeds, is rich in nutrients, and is available in capsule form or in bottles with the liquid.
In addition to oral intake, the liquid version can be used topically in cosmetics, and you can find it in moisturizers and hair creams.
Check out how you can use this oil on a daily basis and what are its benefits:
What is chia oil?
Chia oil is extracted from seeds of the plant Salvia hispanica L. , better known as chia, originally found in southern Mexico and Guatemala.
The concentration of nutrients present in the chia oil is higher than in the seed, therefore those benefits found
The supplement is easily found in health food stores and pharmacies, but it is always recommended to seek medical or nutritional advice before using any type of treatment.
What is chia oil with safflower for?
Safflower oil contains omega 6 and 9, which reduces bad cholesterol and increases good cholesterol, in addition to strengthening skin and hair.
Chia oil, on the other hand, contains omega 3 which can help with weight loss, as it facilitates the burning of fat and increases the feeling of satiety. This last factor causes less food intake, leading to natural weight reduction.
Thus, the version of chia oil with safflower combines nutrients and benefits of the two oils in just one capsule.
What is chia oil for?
Chia oil is very versatile and can aid good health in several ways:
For the face
In capsules and in topical form, chia oil acts as an antioxidant, due to vitamin A, preventing premature skin aging.
Vitamin B3, on the other hand, helps to reduce redness, skin blemishes and creates a protective barrier in the dermis.
Omega 3, also present in chia oil, helps to control sebum production. This way, it controls oiliness and can reduce acne .
In addition to the oil being a potent moisturizer for dry skin, it also prevents and treats itching that occurs due to dryness.
Easily absorbed by the hair when used topically (that is, applied directly to the strands), chia oil has the ability to restore damaged cuticles, helping the brittle strands regain their elasticity.
In addition, it also helps to protect chemically treated hair, such as dyed hair, from the damage of dryness.
Vitamin B2 in the oil acts to strengthen the hair, while omega 3 has a strengthening and anti-inflammatory action. In this way, both can reduce hair loss by damage.
The oil prevents capillary aging through the antioxidant effect. And finally, its minerals stimulate the production of new hair cells and boost hair growth.
Chia oil has many health properties. Among them, it can be highlighted as:
- Strengthens bones, as it is rich in minerals, such as calcium;
- It protects the heart since omega 3 regulates the pressure of blood vessels, increasing blood flow. Thus, it can be an ally to reduce risks of heart and other diseases such as cancer and Alzheimer’s disease;
- Helps the treatment of skin dermatitis, bringing significant results in skin hydration in patients suffering from dermatitis due to kidney failure or diabetes;
- It helps to strengthen the immune system, as it has nutrients and antioxidants.
What are the benefits of chia oil?
The benefits of the oil are diverse, the consumption of chia oil can:
- Increase the sensation of appetite and help you lose weight, as fatty acids facilitate the burning of fat;
- Help in the production of collagen and to combat skin irritation, due to the action of copper and zinc on the skin;
- Keep the hair hydrated and shiny due to the presence of vitamin B2;
- Regulate the intestine, fighting constipation;
- Decrease bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol, with the help of omega 3;
- Control blood sugar levels;
- Regulating high blood pressure and decreasing the risk of cardiovascular disease.
How to take chia oil capsules?
A great option for the day to day is to take chia oil capsules as a food supplement. The advantage is in not feeling the taste of the seed, since the capsule is easy to ingest.
In general, the recommended dose is 1 to 4 capsules of 500mg, every day before lunch and dinner. But this can vary depending on the concentration of the capsule.
Therefore, it is worth consulting specialists to receive information about which supplementation is best suited to your lifestyle and diet, as well as the ways to use it.
How many times a day should I take chia to lose weight?
There is no well-defined limit, but attention needs to be paid to the total amount ingested. It is worth remembering that chia oil can be an ally of those looking to lose weight, but alone it will have no results. Therefore, it must be combined with diet and physical activities with specialized monitoring.
For capsules, the dose is between 1 and 4 capsules per day, depending on the dosage. Therefore, it is worth following the packaging guidelines.
Regarding oil, about 2 to 3 tablespoons instead of using other oils is enough. It is worth remembering that excessive consumption can have a reverse effect on weight loss, as soon as the product has calories as well.
Who can’t take it?
The general recommendation is that pregnant women, nursing mothers, children, people who are allergic to any component of the formula or who are sensitive to the product and who have arterial hypertension do not use it without medical advice, in liquid form and in capsules.
Price and where to buy
Chia oil can be found in pharmacies, physical and online, and in health food stores, in the form of capsules or bottles. Check out some options available for online purchase at Consulta Remédios:
- Chia Duom Oil 60 capsules: R $ 25.90;
- Chia Oil Maxinutri 60 capsules : R $ 41.22;
- Safflower Oil + Chia Oil Nutrends 60 capsules : R $ 35.01.
* Prices consulted in October 2020. Prices may change.
Keeping health up to date and adopting new eating habits makes all the difference in our day to day. Chia oil can be an ally in your diet, bringing several benefits.
Check out more food and health tips at Minute Healthy!