Properties and benefits of aloe vera gel and juice
Aloe vera or succotrina is a succulent plant that originates in North Africa.
The health benefits that can give the plant juice and gel are many.
Aloe vera is an essential component of herbal remedies:
- For the skin,
- For many internal disorders.
Properties of aloe vera
- 1 Use of aloe vera for hair
- 2 Aloe Vera and health benefits
- 3 Interactions and side effects of aloe vera juice and gel
- 4 Benefits of aloe vera gel
- 5 Aloe vera gel for hair and scalp
- 6 Antioxidant properties of Aloe vera
- 7 Aloe vera eye gel
- 8 Aloe vera gel for muscle pain
- 9 Juice of aloe vera. What is it?
- 10 Aloe vera juice to lose weight
- 11 How do you drink Aloe Vera juice?
- 12 Where to buy Aloe Vera juice and gel?
Use of aloe vera for skin
The transparent aloe vera gel comes from the fleshy plant leaves and has been used for thousands of years for its healing properties.
The ancient Greeks and Romans used this “magic” herb for the treatment of:
- Cutaneous lesions stimulate the production of fibroblasts that release collagen and elastin to repair wounds.
- Infections of the skin,
- Dry skin ,
- Burns .
Still, the benefits to the face are recognized worldwide.
For this reason, aloe vera is an ingredient that is found in many cosmetic products to:
It can be very useful in the treatment of:
It is also an exfoliant for dead skin cells.
This way returns a fresh and luminous skin.
Use of aloe vera for hair
Against Hair Loss Hair
loss is one of the most frequent problems of the majority of the population, caused by:
- Poor nutrition,
- A high level of pollution,
- Exposure to hair styling products.
It can help reduce hair loss, it can also stimulate growth.
The enzymes present in this plant can stimulate the production of new hair and at the same time moisturize hair strands.
Against curly hair
It is an excellent conditioner that smoothes curly and uncontrollable hair.
Against dandruff and oily hair
May be effective for seborrhea ( seborrheic dermatitis ) that can cause:
- Greasy hair,
- Hair loss.
Seborrhea is a disease in which the sebaceous glands produce more sebum.
If this sebum builds up on the scalp it can damage the hair follicles and can cause excessive hair loss.
Aloe Vera and health benefits
Aloe vera is particularly useful for organism because it has properties:
- Anti-inflammatory ,
Aloe contains several nutrients, including:
- Amino acids,
- Vitamins A, C, E and group B
- Magnesium ,
- Germanium .
Aloe vera for the digestive tract
According to some authors, aloe vera juice is a natural detoxifier and can purify the digestive system.
Can provide relief in case of:
The aloe juice promotes the healing of gastric ulcers.
You can use it as a natural remedy for non-serious gastroesophageal reflux disease .
Watch out! Juice is not recommended in case of disorders such as:
The aloe juice can act as a laxative to help evacuation, so to relieve constipation .
Aloe vera for the immune system
Recent scientific studies show that aloe vera has an immunostimulating effect.
It can strengthen the immune system and destroy pathogenic bacteria.
Scientific studies show better results with Aloe arbosescens.
This type of Aloe has higher concentrations of these nutrients and active ingredients than Aloe vera.
It can increase the metabolism which in turn allows you to burn more calories.
This is the reason why aloe vera juice is helpful in maintaining a healthy weight.
Interactions and side effects of aloe vera juice and gel
This herb can also cause some side effects, especially in the case of overuse.
- The prolonged and excessive use of aloe vera juice to drink and can reduce levels of potassium in the body and cause fluid imbalance.
- During pregnancy and lactation it can not be taken because it can cause harm to the child.
- Children : Aloe gel has to be applied to the skin properly. Aloe juice and aloe leaf extract can be dangerous if ingested by children. Children under the age of 12 may have:
- Diabetes : Some research shows that aloe can reduce blood sugar. Diabetic
patients can benefit from aloe for their ability to reduce blood sugar. If you take oral aloe and you have diabetes, check closely your blood sugar levels. Watch out! Aloe increases the effect of drugs for diabetes and may cause hypoglycaemia.
- Intestinal diseases , such as Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis , with these disorders should not take aloe juice. Aloe juice is an intestinal irritant. Warning: Products made from whole leaves of aloe contain aloe juice.
Intake of whole leaf shake may cause gastrointestinal irritation because of the anthraquinone content.
- Hemorrhoids : People who suffer from inflamed hemorrhoids should not take aloe vera juice as it could worsen.
- Kidney problems : High doses of aloe juice can cause kidney failure and other serious illnesses.
Benefits of aloe vera gel
There are many benefits of aloe vera gel that is used for both purposes:
- Like a medicine.
Aloe vera gel in plant contains substances such as mannans, anthraquinones, lectins, etc. that promote healing and overall well-being.
The topical application of aloe vera gel helps to alleviate:
It has a relaxing effect on the skin.
Aloe gel helps reduce redness caused by:
Today, there are many creams and lotions containing Aloe vera gel.
Aloe vera gel for burns
Since it softens the epidermis of the skin and improves the healing process, it is applied in first degree burns .
The gel performs its activities in the epithelial layer (layer of cells that covers the body) for healing of the skin.
It can be spread with a moisturizing oil, like olive oil .
Aloe vera gel for hair and scalp
The application of Aloe vera gel on the scalp nourishes and prevents dryness of the skin, making it an effective treatment for:
The presence of a compound called saponin in the gel acts as a natural cleanser and is useful for treating the hair and scalp.
Aloe vera gel obtained from the leaves of the plant can be applied directly to the hair.
This product leaves hair:
How to apply aloe gel to hair?
- It can be used as a pre-shampoo treatment,
- Can be added to shampoo,
- Can be used as a balm.
To create a balm, you must:
- Take a glass and sprinkle an amount of aloe depending on the length of hair and number. You can add a few drops of essential oil of: mint, lavender or the favorite oil.
- Spread the mixture from the scalp to the ends of the hair.
- At the end cover the head with a dry towel and warm for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the towel and rinse.
Antioxidant properties of Aloe vera
The aloe vera gel contains antioxidant substances. Antioxidants destroy free radicals that damage cell membranes.
When taken daily, aloe vera gel:
- It slows down the aging process,
- It improves the overall well-being of a person.
Among the effects, it also strengthens the immune system and reduces the body’s vulnerability to attacks by:
It also has an immunomodulatory effect that can stimulate the immune system, in particular the action of:
- T lymphocytes,
- As células NK (natural killer)
It may help with thyroid disorders (eg, hyperthyroidism ) as it reduces autoantibodies.
Aloe vera eye gel
The swollen eyes due to stress from having looked at the computer for long hours can be relieved by applying pure Aloe vera gel on the skin around the eyes.
For an even more refreshing effect, you can:
- Place the aloe gel in the freezer for a few minutes,
- Apply around the eyes.
In the market there are many eye drops with aloe vera gel and hyaluronic acid.
These eye drops are indicated in case of:
- Trauma to eyes,
- Recovery after laser surgery .
However, before applying these products, it is best to consult the doctor.
Aloe vera gel for muscle pain
The aloe vera gel is absorbed very quickly into the underlying layers of the skin, so it is able to:
- Relieve pain,
- Reduce and inflammation.
Therefore, this gel has been shown to be effective in the treatment of:
You can apply a cold compress three times a day.
Juice of aloe vera. What is it?
Aloe vera juice is very effective when it comes to combating skin infections.
This is particularly useful when it comes to fighting bacteria and fungi that can cause injury.
Juice contains powerful compounds that help reduce:
Aloe vera can be used for the side effects of chemotherapy such as:
The beneficial effect of aloe in patients receiving therapy with chemotherapeutic medicinal products should be their ability to:
- Hydrate the mucous membranes,
- Relieve the burning sensation,
- Reduce pain.
Aloe vera juice to lose weight
Despite the many health benefits of aloe vera, its functioning for weight loss is still unknown.
In individuals who practice regular physical activity and follow a balanced diet, aloe can help you lose weight effectively.
The aloe vera stimulates the metabolism, so it consumes more energy.
The burned energy is taken from the fats and carbohydrates accumulated in the body.
For greater benefits, we recommend exercising and following a diet.
We recommend a minimum of 30 minutes of exercises for 3-5 days a week.
You should follow a low calorie diet to keep your weight off.
At the same time, you have to increase your fiber intake and avoid snacking during the day.
The juice or aloe vera drinks also have a laxative effect, but prolonged use can cause side effects such as:
- Mucus in the stool,
- Diseases of the colon.
Other Health Benefits of Aloe Vera Juice
The juice of aloe vera is an excellent natural supplement, contains
- Twenty amino acids – humans need 22 amino acids. The human body is capable of producing 14 amino acids. The remaining 8 should be contained in the foods you eat.
Aloe vera contains at least seven of the eight essential amino acids
- Thirteen mineral salts , including:
- Ten vitamins including:
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B1, B2, B3, B5, B6,
- Vitamin B12 is found almost exclusively in animal foods.
- C vitamin,
- Vitamin E.
- Nine enzymes :
- Alkaline phosphatase,
Here are some of the benefits of aloe vera for health.
- Improves blood circulation
- Strengthens the immune system and protects the body against bacterial and viral attacks
- Helps heal ulcers
- Resolves Constipation
- Regulates blood sugar level
How do you drink Aloe Vera juice?
The juice of aloe vera has a bitter taste, it is advisable to mix it with the juice of fruits and vegetables because they make it palatable.
However, you can consume the juice alone.
At first, you can choose to drink about half a cup of aloe juice with fruit or vegetable juice.
Gradually, the amount of aloe juice can be increased to one glass.
Where to buy Aloe Vera juice and gel?
The supplements with aloe vera are everywhere, but it is better to go on a manipulation drug to buy the gel quality or the juice depending on the effect you want.
Aloe vera can also be grown indoors:
- In glasses,
- Not only.
When using aloe leaves it is good to choose the outer ones because they are older (at least 2-3 years), they are richer in nutrients.