Acne is one of the most common skin diseases around the world, but the good news is that there is a broad range of medicine available. However, not all acne treatment and medication work. But before you head out to your doctor for help, there is a lot of information you need to read and retain about this condition. It is all outlined in this short post.
Essentially, acne is an inflammatory skin condition that causes pimples and spots mainly on the shoulders, neck, upper arms, and the face. There are different types of acne including.
Research shows that this is a condition that billions of people around with have to deal with every year. In 2017, it was estimated that over 50 million people in America seek treatment for this disease annually.
- Nobules and,
There are many natural remedies for acne, it is also essential to have a healthy diet to prevent the formation of pimples, nodules, and cysts.
When does acne occur?
Acne can occur at any age, but it is often prevalent during puberty because this is the time when sebaceous glands become active.
Although it is not capable of killing you, it can leave long-lasting skin scars, and this is the main reason why you should not give it a blind eye.
Facts about Acne
Since society has made you believe a lot of false information about this disease, here are some few facts you need to know.
- This disease involves oil glands that are located at the bottom of hair follicles. Therefore, even if you use the best stubble trimmer to get rid of facial hair, the chances are that you can get it, especially during your early years.
- In every four people, acne affects three meaning that it is as common as flu. This disease is not deadly. There have been no reports of fatality from it. However, it can leave scars on the skin, which can last for a long time depending on your skin type.
- The treatment you get for the disease is not typical for everyone. The doctor must look must consider how severe the condition is before administering any medication.
The factors that cause this disease include;
- Menstrual cycle
- Climatic conditions
- Medications that contain lithium and androgen
- Genetics, squeezing pimples and,
- Using oil-based beauty products.
Ten remedies for acne
If you are keen to pay attention to detail and follow simple instructions, acne is a disease that you can efficiently manage at home.
Below are some recommended home remedies
1. Apply a mask of honey on the face once or twice a week. Honey has antibacterial properties, which is ideal for disinfecting and curing small imperfections. This remedy is delicate even for sensitive skin. A mask can be made as follows:
- Add lemon juice and tea tree oil
- Mix the liquids, adding a little honey
- Apply the mask on the face
- Leave on for one hour, approximately
- Gently rinse the skin with warm water
2. Mask with bicarbonate. Some people prefer the baking soda mask that is prepared with the same amount of water as bicarbonate.
3. Washing the face – You have to wash your face twice a day with a specific sulfur soap for acne.
It is important to do an extremely gentle skin wash.
Do not rub the skin or use a rough cloth.
Excessive washing of the skin can stimulate the sebaceous glands and produce more sebum, thus worsening acne.
4. Keep hair away from the face.
If the patient has long hair, he would have to keep it away from his face.
The hair contains oil and contributes to worse skin rashes.
It is advisable to wash your hair frequently and after training.
It is also recommended to shave the beard, as it may favor the accumulation of sebum on the cheeks and chin.
The electric shavers are the most suitable as they cause no injuries or infections due to shaving cream.
5. Include chromium in the diet.
Chromium is an excellent element for the cure of skin infections.
Taking a chromium supplement once a day accelerates the healing of pimples and prevents future skin rashes.
6. Lemon juice
Many teenagers have had a significant improvement by applying lemon juice directly on the face.
The lemon has properties:
You can add lemon juice to the honey-based masks and they should be applied at night. Rinse after 2 or 3 hours.
If it feels burning on the skin, this remedy should not be used. Also, do not expose yourself to the sun after the application.
Drinking lemonade every morning can improve the final result.
7. Remove the makeup
Leave the makeup too long on the skin favors the clogging of the pores, causes more pimples and blackheads.
When it comes to makeup, it is necessary to use water-based products.
It is recommended not to use oily cosmetic products, with silicones or acrylates. These substances clog pores and cause more acne.
8. Do not squeeze the blackheads and whiteheads.
Although it is tempting, it is important not to squeeze, pinch or touch pimples or comedones. These actions increase sebum production. In addition, when squeezing, the subcutaneous membranes rupture, causing the spread of infection and sebum under the skin.
The result is the increase in grains.
9. Wash the pillow cases and clothes every day
The face remains in contact with the pillowcase many hours a day.
The cover absorbs oils from the skin.
Every night the dirt and oil spread again on the face, causing a rash.
It is recommended to change pillow covers frequently and avoid sleeping more than one night on one side of the pillow.
10. Zinc Oxide
The zinc oxide mask is a product found in pharmacies.
Zinc has the following properties:
This remedy can be applied three times a day on the pimples until they have dried.
Fast and effective remedies for acne
Preparation of a homemade zinc oxide mask This home remedy helps to reduce inflammation of the acne pustules and eliminate pimples in a short time.
- 20 gr of zinc oxide
- 30 gr of shea manteca
- 5 g of rose hip oil
- 5 gr black currant oil, macadamia or jojoba oil
- 15 drops of tea tree oil or rosemary oil
- 20 drops of lavender essential oil
- Pour the rosehip oil and black currant oil into a container
- Add the zinc oxide powder and mix
- Add the other essential oils
- Melt the shea butter in the microwave (3-4 seconds) and add it to the mixture
- Place the cream in a glass container
- Allow cooling until the cream becomes firm and light
- It can be applied in the same grain several times a day until it disappears
- Immediately reduces inflammation and does not irritate the skin
Another option is to apply the cream on the pimples at night, before going to bed.
In this way, the cream acts throughout the night.
Diet and nutrition to fight acne
For a fact, your diet affects your overall health. Although scientists have not clearly shown what role the food you eat plays in worsening this disease, it has been proven that people who eat lots of Vitamin A and E rarely suffer from acne.
According to natural medicine, acne is a reaction caused by the accumulation of toxins in the body.
This aesthetic alteration occurs when the organism cannot eliminate waste through:
- Bowel evacuation
The most suitable diets are the natural ones, for example:
- Paleo diet
- The vegan diet with at least 50% of raw foods
- Blood group diet
It is impossible to think that medicines can cure acne if the diet is not adequate.
The main treatment is to maintain a healthy diet, without:
- Processed products
- Fried foods
- Sugary drinks and stimulants (coffee, tea, etc.)
- Dairy products (cheese, yogurt, etc.)
- Fatty dressings (like mayonnaise)
There are some diets based on:
- Plant foods (vegan diet)
- Foods rich in proteins (blood group diet)
- Both (Paleo diet)
People can choose one of the diets, according to their personal preferences.
If you do not get the desired results with the diet you have chosen, it is possible to change your diet, but you have to wait at least a month.
- It is very important to maintain adequate nutrition, even on weekends.
- Many people have obtained positive results when it comes to fighting acne simply thanks to a healthy diet.
According to traditional medicine, doctors recommend:
Eat carrots because they contain beta-carotene (vitamin A).
Vitamin A strengthens the protective tissue of the skin and in fact, prevents acne.
It helps reduce sebum production.
This vitamin is essential for the maintenance and repair of the tissue from which they are made:
- The skin
- The mucous membranes
Vitamin A is also a powerful antioxidant, necessary to rid the body of toxins.
Eat foods rich in zinc.
Zinc is an antibacterial substance and a necessary element for the sebaceous glands.
A diet low in zinc can cause the skin rashes typical of acne.
Most moisturizers contain Aloe Vera, which soothes the skin and reduce the inflammatory effect. Therefore, it is one of the important home remedies for treating this disease.
Acne treatment and medication
If you have mild acne, your doctor might recommend an over-the-counter medicine such as soaps, pads, lotions, and creams.
In case you have an oily skin, alcohol-based gels will work best for you. If your skin is highly sensitive, consider using lotions and creams.
Treating moderate and severe acne
When you have moderate or severe acne, you cannot treat it on your own, you will need to seek the services of a dermatologist or skin specialist. He might prescribe creams or gels similar to those used in mild acne, but which feature a stronger impact.
However, if your acne is severely inflamed, it can bust and leave a life-long scar. In that case, a skin specialist is forced to administer a corticosteroid injection.
This helps in minimizing inflammation, speeding up the healing process, and reducing scarring in case the pimple acne cyst ruptures.
Oral tropic antibiotics may be prescribed for patients with moderate acne. Don’t be surprised if you are given drugs to take for six months.
These antibiotics work by reducing the P. Acnes. The dosage starts high and decreases as the acne effects lower.
Other medications that you might get include tropical antimicrobials, oral contraceptives, and isotretinoin (an oral retinoid which treats severe acne).
Acne is a common disease, but this should not deter you from getting treatment. Remember, it can cause embarrassment, which is the last thing you want to face in your life.